Secondary Groups in Register Form

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Secondary Groups in Register Form

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 28 Dec 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This application will allow users to choose secondary groups in register form during registration process. Admin will set up which groups will be available in register screen. You can use settings and manage groups position on Admin CP.

Settings:

• Show secondary groups in register form?
  • Make secondary groups required?
  • Max. number of secondary groups allowed to select
  • Protected Groups
  • Add Secondary Groups on User Control Panel
  • Allowed Groups to add Secondary Groups on User Control Panel

here to download this file

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it possible to let users chose only one group, between two groups proposed ? So either group 1 and not group 2, either group 2 and not group 1 ?

I have been waiting for this feature suggested by Atsuki.

Also, I have this mod '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> and it conflicts with secondary groups. Anyway you can make them both possible to install?

Define "conflict"! It's hard to guess.

When I install one, the other doesn't show up on the registration page. The same is true if viceversa.

Also, I need to change the field type to check box, where in the hook can I change that?

Yes, I sold to him and I don't have it anymore. What exacly is the bug ?

Anyway, it seems that you want to change something on app. You are free to change whatever you want, of course. But it's totally unsupported.

PM me with this other APP attached. I'll take a look when I have some free time. Going out today later and will be back only on sunday.

• 3 months later...

I have fresh install (IP.Board 3.4.5) that's been working perfectly until I installed this. I was getting implode errors and after someone submits a registration, it said it went through, but and additional form registration form was shown below that stating that it had errors and was not submitted. Weird. I removed this and everything went fine. Is there an option for refund?

I have fresh install (IP.Board 3.4.5) that's been working perfectly until I installed this. I was getting implode errors and after someone submits a registration, it said it went through, but and additional form registration form was shown below that stating that it had errors and was not submitted. Weird. I removed this and everything went fine. Is there an option for refund?

Retested and I have no problem with this APP:

http://www.screencast.com/t/JayMjOo1SPnG

It is doing exacly what it should do. Again, you can always ask a Marketplace Moderator to test the app/hook.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived