%7Boption%7D

File Name: Fake AdminCP

File Submitter: William Santos

File Submitted: 22 Dec 2012

File Category: Utilities

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Fake AdminCP

Introduction

Fake AdminCP is recommended to people who changed their Admin CP directory.
It will create a Fake Admin Control Panel that will let your haters try the passwords they want without login sucessfully. Even if they know the real password, they can not login, because it is a fake panel.

What's new in 2.4?

- Error "Class 'ipsCommand' not found" fixed

What's new in 2.3?

- .htaccess password is now supported

What's new in 2.2?

- Unnecessary files were removed. If you're upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2, just delete the "skin_cp" folder inside your admin folder.

What's new in 2.1?

- Now Fake AdminCP displays your real AdminCP page, but instead of sending the form to your real AdminCP page, it will send it to another script wich will log the attempts to login. If you personalized your AdminCP login page, then your fake AdminCP page will be personalized too.

What's new in 2.0?

- You can define wich groups are Moderators and Administrators.
- Administrators can view and delete logs of who tried to log-in in the Fake AdminCP page.
- Moderators can view logs of who tried to log-in in the Fake AdminCP page.
- Logs include: Member ID, IP, Time, Username used and Password used when trying to login.
- Administrators and Moderators will se logs instead of Fake AdminCP Page.

Requirements

To run Fake AdminCP you will need to have your Admin CP directory changed. It can not be "admin".

here to download this file

not sure how you have set it up (I have not looked) but if redirecting to a non-existing page then kicking back or (in some cases on a fcgid handler) redirecting to itself a certain # of times could add to the apache log.

but like I said I have not looked to see how you set it up so this may not even be an issue.

Hello,

Have you already tested it?

I don't think it could drive server errors, but if you find any errors I solve them.

I'm working in Fake AdminCP v2 and I'm very happy with what I have done so far.

You will be able to define Administrator Groups and Moderator Groups.

Administrators will be able to view the logs and to delete them. Moderators will only be able to view them.

When you acess the Fake AdminCP, if you are Administrator/Moderator, you see the logs, if not, you see the Fake AdminCP.

Regards,

William Santos

Version 2 published.

What's new in 2.0?

- You can define wich groups are Moderators and Administrators.
- Administrators can view and delete logs of who tried to log-in in the Fake AdminCP page.
- Moderators can view logs of who tried to log-in in the Fake AdminCP page.
- Logs include: Member ID, IP, Time, Username used and Password used when trying to login.
- Administrators and Moderators will se logs instead of Fake AdminCP Page.

Version 2.1 released.

What's new in 2.1?

- Now Fake AdminCP displays your real AdminCP page, but instead of sending the form to your real AdminCP page, it will send it to another script wich will log the attempts to login. If you personalized your AdminCP login page, then your fake AdminCP page will be personalized too.

Hello,

I think it is. It doesn't need a "real" installation. This modification is not a Hook neither an IP.Board Application.

It works only with an index.php file located in the admin folder. The index.php will install himself automatically, so you only need to access the Fake AdminCP for it to install.

I'm using it on my forums and I'm not having any issues.

Regards,

William Santos

Hello barney2229,

I forgot to upload 2.2. However, the only change from 2.1 to 2.2 is the directory "skin_cp" wich as been deleted. You don't need to download 2.2, only to delete the directory "skin_cp" wich is in "admin" directory.

If you have a password in "admin" directory, you should remove it if you want people to see Fake AdminCP.

Otherwise, if you want to give more realism to Fake AdminCP you can leave the directory "admin" with password, so people will only be able to see the Fake AdminCP if they first go through the directory password.

Regards,

William Santos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

What do you mean by not working? What do you see when access website.com/forum/admin? Does it gives you an error? If yes, what?

Regards,
William Santos

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

Need Help?

-----

::EDIT::

I also installed it on another forum that is www.forum.com/admin

ofcourse I renamed "admin", and uploaded the files.. set the file to 'true'

I still get the same error as above.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived