This is why I don't like the editor

TSP

And yet again I received the dreaded editor response "lets turn all your bbcode into displayed html when publishing the post, because why not!" when I was testing and editing a post in the test forum. If the editor was a person, I'm sure (s)he would respond with something like that.

And no, I am not able to reproduce it. And no, I do not have my Chrome Dev Tools open 24/7 to check for Javascript-errors and such. And no, I do not like such errors that suddenly have the potential to occur when I post a long post and then I would have to do a manual cleanup afterwards.

I just would like to vent off my frustration and express that this problem does indeed still happen for me, out of the blue, when I least expect it.

And yet again I received the dreaded editor response "lets turn all your bbcode into displayed html when publishing the post, because why not!" when I was testing and editing a post in the test forum. If the editor was a person, I'm sure (s)he would respond with something like that.

And no, I am not able to reproduce it. And no, I do not have my Chrome Dev Tools open 24/7 to check for Javascript-errors and such. And no, I do not like such errors that suddenly have the potential to occur when I post a long post and then I would have to do a manual cleanup afterwards.

I just would like to vent off my frustration and express that this problem does indeed still happen for me, out of the blue, when I least expect it.

I might have information regarding this that might be of help to Matt as I also experienced this recently on 3.3.4. I believe this might be due to the fact that something in my session changed while I was typing up my reply. I was browsing in two different browsers on the same site (this site) and I'm quite sure that my IP address changed at one point. Maybe my form_hash also changed. By the time I submitted my long post (my laptop was under a new network connection by this time) it came out with html tags everywhere.

I might have information regarding this that might be of help to Matt as I also experienced this recently on 3.3.4. I believe this might be due to the fact that something in my session changed while I was typing up my reply. I was browsing in two different browsers on the same site (this site) and I'm quite sure that my IP address changed at one point. Maybe my form_hash also changed. By the time I submitted my long post (my laptop was under a new network connection by this time) it came out with html tags everywhere.

Hmm, I've actually suspected this before. Trouble is, sometimes when I receive the error, I can't remember having had another browser open, or even another tab open, and it still happened on those occasions.

But yes.. I do wonder if something like what you describe did indeed cause it this time. Today, while I was editing and posting with this post getting trouble, I opened another browser (Safari) and logged into another customer account I have here. (NOT the same as this)

This does indeed seem to have caused confusion for the editor/session/whatnot.

But why.. would it post the contents with displayed html in it?

And I have been able to reproduce it with some testing now.

Edit: I'm actually able to reproduce it quite consistently now. It really feels like a bug to me since I've had this pop up when I can't say I remember browsing this forum in simultaneous browsers. I'll have to investigate this more closely later on

Archived