ACP - Cotton Candy | Suite 4

ZakRhyno

Personally, I adore the ACP's color scheme.

But I also used to like the ACP during the 3.0.x age... Funny thing is that 6 months ago I had to install a temp 3.0.x board to upgrade a DB from a board using that version... So I got into its ACP, and thought: WTF... This is ugly...

So, one thing is for sure: IPS prettifies their ACP version by version! :D

You guys are afraid of pink?

Be a man and grow up, this isn't kindergarden.

No, I just prefer to be able to use the ACP versus such sharp color contrast..... Pink, red, neon orange, neon green(all *horrid* choices when paired with the ACP baby blue) which alternate color is used is moot beyond not being annoying, the high contrast of colors for... like... no reason is why we moan/hook/skin it out wherever possible.

No, I just prefer to be able to use the ACP versus such sharp color contrast..... Pink, red, neon orange, neon green(all *horrid* choices) which alternate color is used is moot beyond not being annoying, the high contrast of colors for... like... no reason is why we moan.

I don't find it too sharp at all. If it's hurting your eyes that bad, just edit: images/app_tab_right.png and images/app_tab_left.png. And you are the first person who as actually provided a reason in this topic, everyone else is just 'ugly' 'change it, change it'.

That said, I don't usualy spend much time looking at the tabs... maybe .5 of second?

No, I just prefer to be able to use the ACP versus such sharp color contrast..... Pink, red, neon orange, neon green(all *horrid* choices when paired with the ACP baby blue) which alternate color is used is moot beyond not being annoying, the high contrast of colors for... like... no reason is why we moan/hook/skin it out wherever possible.

I thought you said you're not a designer.

I thought you said you're not a designer.

This does not take a designer to shudder at. It may take a designer to think it looks good, but meh, what do I know.

Riddle me this: If massive amounts of pink with baby blue is unacceptable generally in the stock front-end(pink is used sparingly) and one rarely(if ever)sees a website that actually does use such a color scheme(IPS frontpage does not count, and even then, sparingly, not at all like the ACP), why is it OK in the ACP?

I never had issue with the color, is pink, no big, I argue it is vastly overpowering with the menus stock using it, it turns from an alternate color barely noticed to a blaring sign at the top of the ACP.

I still think someone misread the general color scheme when coding it(the menu css), Pink is the alternate color, not the primary.

Archived