please put the documentation back on the main menu.

Marcher Technologies

• 1 month later...

We are moving everything to the guides section. It is a WIP, and takes time.

We discussed moving the guides to the main website, however searching then becomes more difficult, as you would have to search guides in a completely separate area from the forums.

urk.

ok, as you have decided to go the main site route.... add the categories to the sidebar, and a breadcrumb trail yesterday please. It is very difficult to navigate between guides.
And fix the interlinking....

To find the guides I now have to click More -> Bug Tracker -> Suite Guides in left menu in the Bug Tracker, lol.

And you promised us in chat that you would bring the dropdown to IPS Client Resources back! Nothing happened :sad:

http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/375943-staff-chat-log/

Ian W. okay -‐‑ used to be on the drop down menu, but that went on the upgrade
Lewis P. Rimi: That'd be a good idea
Charles W. I will leave this chat open for another hour or two if you guys want to chat a bit longer.
TSPreben I have to go to Marketplace -‐‑> Suite Guides these days to find documentation.. :tongue:
Lewis P. Yeah, can we get the dropdown back? :tongue:
Mikey B. Could click Client Resources and click All Guides
Aiwa Ya, we need a quicker link to documentation.
Headstand I miss the dropdown
Michael Yes, bring back the dropdown!
Rimi Documentation needs a link on the mobile skin *cough*
Robert M. :tongue: We all miss the dropdown. :tongue:
Charles W. ok I wil lbring it back
Pete T. yay :smile:
Headstand woo hoo!

edit: Oh wait, you changed the urls for the documentation a third time these last 6 months?! Brilliant, just brilliant (<-- This is sarcasm) *sighs* You could atleast do it with proper redirects... but no.. :(

Why can't you just click IPS Client Resources in the tab bar?

Because it takes me away from the forum navigation for one. Second reason being that I can't remember seeing the documentation mentioned on that page before. But now that you've moved the documentation you take me away from the forum navigation anyway so :sad:

But really, the most annoying thing now is that you change these things without making redirects.... You've done it before and do it again, in just a few months too...

Redirects are in place and have been since yesterday evening. Sorry they weren't immediate, but they were in place less than 24 hours after the guides "went live" at the new location. :) We all have a lot of things going on, and sometimes it takes a few hours to get something done.

I will look into the Knowledge Base redirects which you have pointed out. The knowledgebase articles were actually manually split off into a separate location when they were moved, so there may not be direct redirects possible ... however I think we can do a little better than a 404 error page at least. I'll take a look.

Redirects are in place and have been since yesterday evening. Sorry they weren't immediate, but they were in place less than 24 hours after the guides "went live" at the new location. :smile: We all have a lot of things going on, and sometimes it takes a few hours to get something done.

Ok, very good that this is solved for the documentation :smile:

I will look into the Knowledge Base redirects which you have pointed out. The knowledgebase articles were actually manually split off into a separate location when they were moved, so there may not be direct redirects possible ... however I think we can do a little better than a 404 error page at least. I'll take a look.

Good, you might need to look into that knowledge base item directly. Because I really can't find it in the new knowledge base system either. See comments here: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/ctrlb-and-others-shortcuts-not-work-in-editor-r40943?st=25#commentsStart

You should also investigate whether this complete disappearance applies to other knowledge base items linked in recent bug tracker items.

The attached pictures inline in the documentation are no longer opening in an overlay(lightbox?), it would be appreciated to be able to view the full image without navigating away from the guide(I should state, extremely minor low priority, just noting it in case it was not noticed). :smile:

Thank you for your work on this.... is not said enough.

To find the guides I now have to click More -> Bug Tracker -> Suite Guides in left menu in the Bug Tracker, lol.

http://www.invisionpower.com/support/ --- click "view all guides"

Or just bookmark http://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/ directly. :thumbsup:

We're trying to make the documentation and KB articles easier to navigate for new clients - before they were somewhat buried away on our community, but now we are bringing them front and center on the main website. We've heard your complaints about slow support times, and one of the changes we're making (in addition to more staff) is adding more "self service" features, like the recent ability to change your licensed domain on your own, and our new more prominent guides and KB articles. Change is hard (we're changing navigation so yes things click in new areas!) but we're trying to improve things for everyone - we think you will find some of the new changes are very positive.

http://www.invisionpower.com/support/ --- click "view all guides"

Or just bookmark http://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/ directly. :thumbsup:

We're trying to make the documentation and KB articles easier to navigate for new clients - before they were somewhat buried away on our community, but now we are bringing them front and center on the main website. We've heard your complaints about slow support times, and one of the changes we're making (in addition to more staff) is adding more "self service" features, like the recent ability to change your licensed domain on your own, and our new more prominent guides and KB articles. Change is hard (we're changing navigation so yes things click in new areas!) but we're trying to improve things for everyone - we think you will find some of the new changes are very positive.

What about have you hear about many many TONS of request to improve the guides. Not just ask how, you can compare your software guides to others and see the different, asking how will not fix that problem. Just compare and anybody can see the different.

Archived