The forum rules and privacy policy should be language-abstracted

RPG-support

Alternatively, IPS can link the setting for board guidelines and privacy policy directly to the lang bit in the language pack. Accompanied with a dropdown to determine which language to apply the inputted text to would give the OP what he requries.

Many people have enough trouble figuring out how to change things like the TOS as it is. Put it into the languages to be changed and it'll become a massive headache. That's why I mentioned the idea of a separate app or area specifically made for handling additional pages such as Tos, Privacy Policy, Rules, Guidelines, etc. Keep a history of changes made and also support multiple languages. Have a default set of pages, then 'add' a language and add in the translations there. If a page isn't translated, it uses the default. Also have the settings (all related) there, so a privacy policy can use what is there or be linked to another URL instead.

While using IP.Content is a valid method, it's completely impractical. First and foremost, because template logic does not work in HTML pages detection of the viewing users set language would require either a block or a php page. Additionally a template edit would be required for the privacy policy as last I checked (correct me if I'm wrong) you cannot porvide an external link for the privacy policy. Or you can edit the privacy policy template entirely and remove everything and stick in your block snippet.

No need for template logic. Use a database and each language as a category. Visitor clicks on the appropriate language to see the pages relevant for them.

And no you're not wrong, there is no way to link to a privacy policy, only enter/edit the policy itself as well as the title for it.

These are text items that you enter. This is no different than forum names, category names, etc. It's up to you to enter whatever text you want there.

Your support team suggested that I start this topic here. As I said above, I have 2 languages. And WANT DIFFERENT FIELDS TO TRANSLATE THE TITLES BOTH INTO RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH. Is it clear now?

I do not want constantly fight for my freedom to use the normal multilingual portal capabilities. If you made the function to add several languages, it has the sense to complete the code, but not to sell the raw useless 3.4.xxx

I hope, my ping packets finally will reach your brains... :smile:

Your support team suggested that I start this topic here. As I said above, I have 2 languages. And

WANT DIFFERENT FIELDS TO TRANSLATE THE TITLES BOTH INTO RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH

. Is it clear now?

I do not want constantly fight for my freedom to use the normal multilingual portal capabilities. If you made the function to add several languages, it has the sense to complete the code, but not to sell the raw useless 3.4.xxx

I think people understood your suggestion just fine. My brain is not experiencing any packet loss.

However, see how far throwing a hissy fit and screaming "I want it I want it I want it!!" gets you.

Nothing here is restricting your "freedom." Freedom does not mean the power to command others to add very specific functionality to software you purchased and have full control over. That's actually, if anything, slavery towards the developers of the software.

You want it? Add it yourself. You have the freedom to do that. No one here can or will stop you.

You can suggest functionality, which is perfectly fine to do. Nothing wrong with that. However, you can't expect everything you suggest to be automatically accepted and added just because you want it.

IP.Content can offer pages translated into multiple languages just fine, as has been stated here.

As for blog title's, you realize that means asking everyone on your site to translate everything they input into several different languages, right? If you restrict the blog system to administrators only on your site, that's fine, but that's not the primary purpose of the blogging system, so your suggestion is completely unfeasible in those regards.

Your support team suggested that I start this topic here. As I said above, I have 2 languages. And

WANT DIFFERENT FIELDS TO TRANSLATE THE TITLES BOTH INTO RUSSIAN AND ENGLISH

. Is it clear now?

If you think the very useful and well developed 3.4 is useless to you, then don't use it. No one is forcing you to and you're the one doing the fighting, not those suggesting alternatives. With what you have said, I doubt even illiterate people had any problems understanding what you are wanting.

The thing you need to consider is that it's not as simple as the developers adding in two lines of code and suddenly, poof, it's possible. No, they would need to discuss different ideas in an effort to come up with a solution that would make sense to develop, be easy to use by the admin and user-friendly for the visitor. Then there is the actual development and testing the new code as well as making little tweaks to optimize the code and getting out any little bugs that may have crept in. This is all assuming they were to implement it, which there is no guarantee they will. I've seen LOTS of good ideas get passed over because, putting it very bluntly, they have to draw the line somewhere. The staff discuss the ideas and decide what would serve the clients the best, which is a hard thing to do, but yet they seem to do a very good job of balancing the different additions to serve various groups of clients in a rather even way.

Throwing insults won't help your cause. Look up a saying about using sugar instead of vinegar to catch flies.

Oh and before you go talking about ping packets reaching a destination, you should always check localhost first. In this instance, I believe you'll find the connection error there.

I agree with the topic opener on BOARD RULES and PRIVACY POLICE. IPB is very good for a one-language-community! If you use more than one, you fall into these holes.

Worst: since IP.Board 3.0.0 you can't use more than one language on APPs; if you translate them to your language, users who use English will also wiew the APP on your language.

-

There are other requests like that...

I agree with the topic opener on BOARD RULES and PRIVACY POLICE. IPB is very good for a one-language-community! If you use more than one, you fall into these holes.

Worst: since IP.Board 3.0.0 you can't use more than one language on APPs; if you translate them to your language, users who use English will also wiew the APP on your language.

-

There are other requests like that...

Yes, this is quite the same what I want and for what I paid the money already buying 3.4.0.

I am using 3.4.0 since it was issued (~ 2 weeks now?). And already submitted almost 15 bugs. It is raw and should not be sold for so much money (like MS Windows, for example).

I am using 3.4.0 since it was issued (~ 2 weeks now?). And already submitted almost 15 bugs. It is raw and should not be sold for so much money (like MS Windows, for example).
The .0 releases are bound to have a number of bugs. Any software you buy is bound to have bugs in it and an initial release more so. Considering the fact that you don't have to pay an upgrade fee, only a renewal fee of $25, you're getting a major deal. With Windows, to upgrade to a new major version, you'd have to pay a large chunk of money.

The .0 releases are bound to have a number of bugs. Any software you buy is bound to have bugs in it and an initial release more so. Considering the fact that you don't have to pay an upgrade fee, only a renewal fee of $25, you're getting a major deal. With Windows, to upgrade to a new major version, you'd have to pay a large chunk of money.

Well, to be fair.. upgrading to Windows 8 actually isn't that expensive. They've become very fair with their pricing.

Archived