Deafult Skin - Change Suite 4?

ZakRhyno

Interesting question. :smile:

The current skin does have a nicer feel to it though imo compared to say the first 3.0.x skin, a process of it evolving I guess. I do remember my first thought when I first saw this design on the 3.2.x board was that it was nice there was a hint of blue in it like the older legacy series, this colour does seem to suit.

We will see a new skin with 4.0, yes.

Updating our skin is a fine balance. Do it too infrequent, some users feel it starts to get old or stale. Do it too frequently, our skinning community has to work harder with each release updating their skins. There has to be a balance there, so we generally only update the skin in a major way once every few versions, depending on necessity.

what changes been made from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1 part from css and template changes as have small bug on my custom skin where the posting area that you type in not loading only have issue on custom skins just want see if any other bit changed.

Below is screenshot what talking about in terms post area.

what changes been made from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1 part from css and template changes as have small bug on my custom skin where the posting area that you type in not loading only have issue on custom skins just want see if any other bit changed.

Below is screenshot what talking about in terms post area.

attachicon.gifImage11.png

Please start your own support topic as this is off the topic of this main thread. :)

We will see a new skin with 4.0, yes.

Updating our skin is a fine balance. Do it too infrequent, some users feel it starts to get old or stale. Do it too frequently, our skinning community has to work harder with each release updating their skins. There has to be a balance there, so we generally only update the skin in a major way once every few versions, depending on necessity.

Is IPS going to do the same thing they did before and take entries for it?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bfarber" data-cid="2344351" data-time="1355458922"><p>
<br />
Take entries for it? Rikki will design our new skin, just as he designed our skin for the last several major versions that had new interfaces included.</p></blockquote> I think he was referring to back when there was a contest and IPS packed in the clean cut skin with the product.

Archived