Upgrader fails

3DKiwi

Okay so I read the blog about the souped up upgrader. Cool, I'll test it out on my 3.4 test forum. I'm still running 3.3.4 on my active forum and won't be upgrading until 3.4.1 comes out.

Gotta say the forum you want filled out with your ftp etc details is not very user friendly. You need to provide an example of what you're looking for. I've filled in my ftp details copied from my ftp client. No luck, I get an error message saying it couldn't connect.

For server address do you want http://www ? Normally with ftp clients you just list your domain without these.

Path - path to what? I assume it's the forum folder. You need to provide an example of what you're looking for. Do you want slashes?

I note on the details form that htaccess information is not retained. I assume this is if your admin forum is password protected. My test forum isn't but my active forum is. I even tried filling in details for my active forum on the same server including htaccess passwords. Still no luck.

I'm sure I can't be the only one baffled by filling in this information.

Nigel / 3DKiwi

post-75662-0-01772300-1354825842_thumb.p

I've just made some changes so when clicking "Upgrade Now", it'll give you a more user-friendly page to update your FTP details.

Thanks. I also note that the htaccess information is now being saved.

Yeah there's a problem when clicking the "Upgrade Now" button. As dean84 says the port field has /public_html/ written in it. Changing it to 21 and saving doesn't work.

Nigel

post-75662-0-84374100-1354911313_thumb.p

Thanks. I also note that the htaccess information is now being saved.

Yeah there's a problem when clicking the "Upgrade Now" button. As dean84 says the port field has /public_html/ written in it. Changing it to 21 and saving doesn't work.

Nigel

If you delete /public_html/ and leave it blank, then save, it reverts to 21. But the moment you edit the box again, it goes back to /public_html/

Archived