Smooth Scroller

CodingJungle

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Smooth Scroller

File Submitter: CodingJungle

File Submitted: 03 Dec 2012

File Category: Look and Feel

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Replace IPS default jump to top function with a smooth scrolling action, or remove the button for it all together and replace it with something a bit more obvious, or do both.

for the demo, scroll down a bit on the page. this demo shows off with the default button removed and replaced.

uses native Prototype JS Library.

NOTE: if you using my "Scroll To Top" hook, I'd advise removing it first, before installing using this one.

NOTE++: this was inspired by http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk

NOTE: if you have altered the css for this, this update will replace, should consider backing up before installing, and then reapplying changes.

like my other free products, this is released under the DBAD license.

http://www.dbad-license.org/

any one can use this, modify it, use it in their own projects. the license covers expectations and rights

ENJOY!

here to download this file

I'm glad you like it. I was on omgubuntu the other night reading the news and i noticed that, and i was like "that is so much more intuitive than IPS's method". was just gonna add it to my own site, but was urged by a friend to release it on the market, and things i do for myself, i don't feel it is worth a charge :) so enjoy :).

Pretty nice, however not working for my custom skin

EDIT: Fixed, just class name difference, changed in 4 places of .xml hook file and working ^.^

For further reference if somebody would have trouble with his/er custom skin: http://scr.hu/0r7w/umylc make sure that the class names are same with those used in your skin http://scr.hu/0r7w/k0snm for me it was different

I really like this little addon ;)

new version out, double tested for IE 9/10, will disable itself for IE 8 and below (really do not have the time to play around with the subtle nuances and challenges IE 8 and before offer, and IPB barely works in IE 7 as it is, and imho folks who are using an almost 4 year old browser, should expect in a fast pace world of web development, things to be different :smile:

@DavidAM and for people who have custom skins and the backtotop button id is not backtotop, can change it now in the settings to what that button is, so they do not have to go edit hook files to achieve this.

We have further secured our PHP and seem to be getting the following:

[13-Dec-2012 08:15:02 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/<SNIP>/public_html/hooks/smoothScrollerHTML_<SOME-BIG-LONG-STRING>.php on line 16

Any way we can remove this warning so it does not continue to fill our logs?

Thanks

We have further secured our PHP and seem to be getting the following:

[13-Dec-2012 08:15:02 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/<SNIP>/public_html/hooks/smoothScrollerHTML_<SOME-BIG-LONG-STRING>.php on line 16

Any way we can remove this warning so it does not continue to fill our logs?

Thanks

changed to stristr. I knew eregi had been deprecated but i guess my brain refused to accept it!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

there is already a version for 4.x :)

Yes thank you someone pointed me to this and I have installed works great I just have one question I was wanting something with in the forums table by the home link is there away to move it there? I included a photo to show where I mean.

Untitled.jpg.ffd929188768610e8af13d4a2a3

edit the css rule for it:

go to your acp->customization->themes, find your theme in the list, click on the </> icon, click on the css tab, and look for "smoothscroller.css", click on it and alter this rule:

.cjScrollToTop {
    background-color: #3d5e78;
    position:fixed;
    bottom:15px;
    right:15px;
    z-index:2000;
}

change the right:15px to left:50px; or something, you might have to play with it to get it to position where you want it too.

Archived