Security and other updates (no revision changes?)

Fast Lane!

Shouldn't you roll the code base # when you modify it? So 3.4.0.XX, where XX changes every time you update something. The "0" or minor revision change could be tied to your normal point updates so that can stay the same. If not how does someone tell (other than to read the forums or log into the ACP while you leave the notice up for a few days) that a security or other code change has happened?

Isn't this standard practice? Seems to be something you can fix. Simply updating the code in the download area for minor changes gives zero sign that it was changed and is not the same as the identical software version posted prior.

We've read the thread. It's not "being ignored". We do not reply to every topic started in the forums, even if we read every one (as has been stated many times in the past).

Since you have seen it many times what is your reply? Yes or no? It is the most simple of questions. I'm not trying to be rude but your answer was basically "we read it and it was not important enough to reply to". I know you guys are busy and thank you for working hard on code instead of replying on the forums all day, but when we ask you something directly I hope you can reply when there is time.

Archived