Community

User Geolocation Restriction

thx for this update :) I completly uninstal previous and delete database tables and install this version. I'have problem. When i try discover location, give this error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in 

(adres)/admin/applications_addon/other/geolocation/modules_admin/tools/discover.php on line 136

Warning: array_combine() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in 

(adres)/admin/applications_addon/other/geolocation/modules_admin/tools/discover.php on line 141

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in 
(adres)/admin/applications_addon/other/geolocation/modules_admin/tools/discover.php on line 144

When discover finished, nothing yet. 100% undiscovered location. Any fix?

Regards,

Sem

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​It's under update already. Can't give you right now a date though. @all: Yesterday night I received an email from the hosting company about a general file system error on the machine. I also host th

Alright guys, the server is up again, I just need to fix some script details as the new configuration uses a newer version of PHP and the API produces some warnings. It'll be sorted out in a couple of

Guys, I had resolveip.info and another domain on godaddy, and all of the rest domains I administer on another registrar. So, 5 days before the domain expired I asked for a domain transfer to my other

Posted Images

There is no bug to fix. The problem is (probably) due to some problem with your own installation. Maybe you uploaded a file damaged? Or, maybe a missing table field?

I can still take a look at your ACP to see if everything exactly as they're supposed to be. Alternatively, you can try to uninstall once more, then re-upload a fresh copy of the new version of the app and re-install.

If you haven't kept your API key, let me know so I can PM it to you. :)

Thanks for the update.

What I would suggest is that even though only one file has been updated is that you change the version number to 1.1.2 That then makes it clear if you're running 1.1.1 that a newer version is available. If you didn't follow this thread then you wouldn't know that an update is out.

Cheers :)

The file is updated.

Now, everything work great, and discover option funcion normally, thx for this fix :smile:

I have another question (not a "big" problem). How can I reduce size of this user map? My screen resolution is 1280X1024 and this map, goes beyond normal places. ( I marked with arrows)

This is the screen:

post-303207-0-27953200-1376670002_thumb.

I tried reporting this via email, but the old 1.0 key I received (which should be valid into next year) is giving me a "Access to the Geolocation API is prohibited" error.

I went back here after sending a couple of emails and realized I'd been putting in the wrong member name, but even when I do that, it fails and tells me to contact the author. Can you help?

• 2 weeks later...

On August 17 I emailed all my customers that they had to upgrade to v1.1.1 of the app, as it uses a newer version of the Geolocation API.

Yesterday, 14 days later, I had to delete the files of the old version of the Geolocation API.

There are 7 people (including you 3DKiwi), despite the email notification, that still use v1.0.0 of the app.

Edit:

Maybe I didn't make it very clear. v1.0.0 of the app was working fine all this time until yesterday that I deleted the old API files. Since you say that the app isn't working for you for some weeks, I suspect that there is something wrong with your installation. And there is another thing that makes me suspect that. On August 7 you said you were upgrading to v1.1.1 of the app

Thanks. Installing now :smile:

But according to my records, you're still using the old version of the app. What happened to your upgrade? Did you perform it? Did it finish successfully? You can try uninstalling and re-installing it, and see if it works for you. If you want, I can take a look as well.

But anyway, rest assured that the app generally works fine.

• 1 month later...

As far as I can tell the mod is only working some of the time. I'm getting registrations from blocked countries. The issue seems to be that the mod thinks most IP's are from unknown places. I did send you a pm explaining this and haven't heard back. Even my own IP is showing up as an unknown place.

Can you help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

First I want to say this software works amazing. I'm very impressed with it, and it definitely is helping us.

I believe I have found a bug in the search portion of the software. When I went to search our member databases in the ACP for members within China & Users that have 0 posts it returns 79 users. If I press the button to move all found members those members to a different group it then prompts me asking if I want to move ~ 7000 users. I believe it is ignoring the country and only using the native post count from the search when I click the move all members found, and I'm assuming if I press prune members it would ask the same thing.

For now we are fine because we are blocking those users anyway, and if we can cleanup our database using both geo location and post count it would be really nice.

Thanks!

Hello

First I want to say this software works amazing. I'm very impressed with it, and it definitely is helping us.

I believe I have found a bug in the search portion of the software. When I went to search our member databases in the ACP for members within China & Users that have 0 posts it returns 79 users. If I press the button to move all found members those members to a different group it then prompts me asking if I want to move ~ 7000 users. I believe it is ignoring the country and only using the native post count from the search when I click the move all members found, and I'm assuming if I press prune members it would ask the same thing.

For now we are fine because we are blocking those users anyway, and if we can cleanup our database using both geo location and post count it would be really nice.

Thanks!

Same for me except I want to prune them. Rather than pruning those members found it would if I let it, prune all of my members.

• 4 weeks later...

Same here, on both my forums. The message I'm getting is:

Geolocation API access prohibited

Access to the Geolocation API is prohibited. To continue using its services, please do one of the following:
If your authentication key is missing, you can obtain it by filling your IPS member ID in this form.
If your license has expired, you can renew your application on this page.

Guys sorry for this. My host blocked the site as it abused the CPU TOS of the machine my VPS is on. And the b@stards did it during the weekend when I was away and couldn't lift the block...

If it happens again, I'm afraid I'll have to move the API to a different server.

Again sorry for this.

As for 3DKiwi complaining the app doesn't always work, there was indeed a tricky problem with some lines of code being executed wrong in 64-bit machines (servers). In the next couple of days, I'll release a quick fix for that.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

I'll look into this as well :) Thanks for pointing it out.