'Flag as spammer' improvement

Ryan Williams

Hi guys,

The 'Flag as spammer' link is exceptionally useful considering the swathes of bots out there nowadays, however one thing I've noticed bots have started doing is using the 'like' function on just about every post they can find. Unfortunately when the spammer is flagged, or even if they're banned, the 'likes' they did still remain unless the user is completely deleted.

It'd be good if the 'Flag as spammer' tool accounted for this. I guess there's no concept of approve/unapprove for likes so not sure how this could be done in such a way that's potentially reversible, but it's a definite concern to the point where my members have even PMed me about their posts getting these stupid false likes.

Hi guys,

The 'Flag as spammer' link is exceptionally useful considering the swathes of bots out there nowadays, however one thing I've noticed bots have started doing is using the 'like' function on just about every post they can find. Unfortunately when the spammer is flagged, or even if they're banned, the 'likes' they did still remain unless the user is completely deleted.

It'd be good if the 'Flag as spammer' tool accounted for this. I guess there's no concept of approve/unapprove for likes so not sure how this could be done in such a way that's potentially reversible, but it's a definite concern to the point where my members have even PMed me about their posts getting these stupid false likes.

This is an excellent point. Personally, I think there should be more management options for the like system overall.

Archived