is IPS rolling out license renewal fee increases for IP.Board?

Rheddy

Just now, I renewed my license for the IP.Board software and while I was charged the same rate as I have been since April 2006 ($25 every six months), my client center now shows a message that IP.Bord license fee renewals are now "$65.00 Every 6 months". Has IPS now started rolling out increases in license fee renewals? I'm concerned about this because the renewal fees for the IP.Board software has never increased beyond the $25 renewal fee structure and I haven't seen any news regarding the fact of these license fee renewal increases.

If anyone could shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks, in advance.

No, because I've only purchased IP.Board and IP.Content and the $65 renewal quote doesn't even reflect that. I have no idea where the $65 quote came from. If they're just quoting a package deal for renewal, than it shouldnt be $65, more like $40 for a packaged renewal cost.

Then maybe that's where I'm confused because I have only purchased two licenses. IP.Content and IP.Board. If anything, the renewal fee strucrture should be $40, not $65, which I'm wondiering if that $65 might be to acquire the entire IPS Community Suite. I just haven't been able to figure out why the $65, if my renewal option only involved the two licenses I had purchased.

Mark, sorry about the confusion. But I couldn't figure out why it was stating the $65 amount when I only had a license for IP.Content and IP.Board. When I renewed my license for IP.Content, the reminder notice dropped that $65 amount down to $40. I'm wondering if that's just a glitch in the license reminder service.

Mark, sorry about the confusion. But I couldn't figure out why it was stating the $65 amount when I only had a license for IP.Content and IP.Board. When I renewed my license for IP.Content, the reminder notice dropped that $65 amount down to $40. I'm wondering if that's just a glitch in the license reminder service.

Might be worth reporting it in the tracker or at least letting them know in a ticket.

Then maybe that's where I'm confused because I have only purchased two licenses. IP.Content and IP.Board. If anything, the renewal fee strucrture should be $40, not $65, which I'm wondiering if that $65 might be to acquire the entire IPS Community Suite. I just haven't been able to figure out why the $65, if my renewal option only involved the two licenses I had purchased.

If those two apps were purchased at different times, it may be to pro-rate them so that they expire on the same date.

Management mentioned doing that a while back.

I still don't know why there was a glitch ... but yeah, there were two different expiration dates, one for IP.Content and another for IP.Board. It just threw me for a loop as to why it was stating a $65 renewal cost when it should have been $40. I don't know if it was a glitch in IPS' client system but I do think it needs to be looked at if it's quoting the wrong price.

When I renewed IP.Content several hours after renewing my license for UIP.Board, it dropped that displayed cost down to $40.

Customer Support contacted me about the problem regarding the client accounts not listing the correct renewal prices for the IPS Community Suite (as it related to whichever licenses you have purchased). Apparently, they were experiencing some problems with the system in recent days and that the problem should now be corrected. If you're still seeing the wrong renewal price, contact customer support. :sweat:

Just glad that I wasn't imagining this. Was starting to feel like I was trapped in the Twilight Zone. :lol:

If you believe your renewal prices are not showing correctly in your client center, it's probably best to submit a ticket and ask us to take a look at your account to determine if there are any issues.

If you're still seeing the wrong renewal price, contact customer support. :sweat:

:)

Thanks, Brandon. I took some advice and contact support on the issue and they verified that there some problems with the client center reporting the actual renewal fees for the IPS Community Suite. Just thought I'd update everyone on the response I got. Support has always been great at fixing these problems. Awesome Guys. That's what we should call you now, Awesome Guys, Incorporated.

:lol:

I've just received an invoice for $60 which I understand as being correct, but I've chosen not to pay because $60 right now is a sum I don't want to pay this close to Christmas, and given human nature, paying $25 now, $25 in a few more months and another $25 in a few months after that is more affordable and acceptable than being hit with a $60 invoice out the blue, with the anticipation of having to pay another $60 in 6 months ... for me, it's a no brainer, I'll probably just choose to live without the support and updates until such time I can't anymore ... spreading a payment over a certain duration is often much easier and acceptable to most than paying a lump sum .. dare I even say that many wouldn't have even noticed smaller, frequent amounts leaving their accounts, thus automatic renewals would have went through unnoticed (as they did with mine) ... even if by paying over a certain duration cost's more than the lump sum - I hope Invision haven't created a cash flow issue for themselves here.

Archived