(BIM34) Photo Gallery In Post for IPB 3.4.x

onlyME

(BIM34) Photo Gallery In Post for IPB 3.4.x

This version only supports IPB 3.4.x. Another version for IPS 4.x here.

You have a lot of images in a post, and you are bored with the normal image view (scroll the page)....   With this mod, you can insert a nice photo gallery in the post by using [gallery] bbcode following the structure:

[gallery]
  [photo=image_url]description[/photo]
  [/gallery]

Or you can post an album in Ip.Gallery:

[gallery]
  [album]album_id[/album]
  [/gallery]

And now it can Show attach images in galleria.
This hook is based off the galleria.io JavaScript image gallery framework, I have just re-adapted it for IPB.

Main features:
- Enable/Disable
- Show attach images in galleria
- Limit number of gallery in a post
- Gallery height/width

bim_gallery_demo.png

galinpost_setting.jpg

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/12/2012
  • Category
  • Discussion URL
  • Support Info
  • Supported Versions

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just installed this mod - and have only had time to apply to one item in my IP.Downloads but I already know I love it. - BRAVO!!

Might have a go at modding the buttons later.

While it takes a small amount more effort than simply adding thumbnails - the result is well worth it.

Only took about 5 minutes to download, install the hooks and create my first gallery - link

EDIT: for next option - perhaps a "Slideshow" setting with control over the delay time in seconds and whether "slideshow" should be "on" as default :smile:

2 Quesitons:

a) I guess this can play gifs, pngs, jpgs... but can this play animated gifs?

b) When you choose height and width for the gallery size, does this mean all images get resized when they are being displayed? Say I choose 200x200. And my images are 300x300, 400x400 and perhaps 500x200. What happens then?

I just installed this mod - and have only had time to apply to one item in my IP.Downloads but I already know I love it. - BRAVO!!

Might have a go at modding the buttons later.

While it takes a small amount more effort than simply adding thumbnails - the result is well worth it.

Only took about 5 minutes to download, install the hooks and create my first gallery - link

EDIT: for next option - perhaps a "Slideshow" setting with control over the delay time in seconds and whether "slideshow" should be "on" as default :smile:

Yeah, more gallery's settings will be updated :wub:

2 Quesitons:

a) I guess this can play gifs, pngs, jpgs... but can this play animated gifs?
b) When you choose height and width for the gallery size, does this mean all images get resized when they are being displayed? Say I choose 200x200. And my images are 300x300, 400x400 and perhaps 500x200. What happens then?

1. Yes, it can play animated gif

2. Gallery size not Image size, it means the size of gallery. About image size, it has been scaled to fit the gallery's height. I'll add the option to turn it scaled or not. :)

Not working for me. Showing just he BBCode code in my message.

IPB 3.3.4, hook is enabled, everyone has rights to use it, I added the BBCode.

Here is how I am trying to call it (All images exist at those URL's):

[gallery]
[photo=http://ielmira.com/uploads/gallery/album_146/gallery_1_146_26098.gif]This is a demo picture 1[/photo]
[photo=http://ielmira.com/uploads/gallery/album_146/gallery_1_146_43038.jpeg]This is a demo picture 2[/photo]
[photo=http://ielmira.com/uploads/gallery/album_146/gallery_1_146_52463.jpeg]This is a demo picture 3[/photo]

[/gallery]

If I disable it in settings, it shows that gallery is unavailable, so I assuem when I enable it, it is available?

Any ideas?

Archived