Contact / Feedback Form

ZakRhyno

Why not add a contact Contact / Feedback form that built in to IPB and not have to use addons to do the similar function. Just make it part of the core and such, I wouldn't think such a feature would be that hard to make, plus many other members been asking for this for a long time.

• Management

Why not add a contact Contact / Feedback forum that built in to IPB and not have to use addons to do the similar function. Just make it part of the core and such, I wouldn't think such a feature would be that hard to make, plus many other members been asking for this for a long time.

We have a feedback forum... you're posting in it...

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Why should we use a plugin in order to have a simple contact form ?

Is there any specific reason to do not have a contact form in IPB Core ?

I think having a contact form improves a lot user perception (especially user having problem with registration).

Why not in Core, why a plugin ?

Thanks

Hi,

Why should we use a plugin in order to have a simple contact form ?

Is there any specific reason to do not have a contact form in IPB Core ?

I think having a contact form improves a lot user perception (especially user having problem with registration).

Why not in Core, why a plugin ?

Thanks

Nexus has a contact form in built which guests CAN use. :smile:

The_Geek_District-20130128-185015.png

Goes straight to the ticket system.

Why not tell us how to add the captcha (either one) to IP.Content so we can build a form in that system.

Not only could we then build forms in IP.C we could build Guestbooks too, this would help out for all none "registered" members things.

Would that be something we could do ?

Why not tell us how to add the captcha (either one) to IP.Content so we can build a form in that system.

Not only could we then build forms in IP.C we could build Guestbooks too, this would help out for all none "registered" members things.

Would that be something we could do ?

Thanks Mikey B and everyone for contributing to this topic.

Have to say that I am an happy IPB client and agree the way IPB manage the concept of “discussion community”: different apps for different community needs (waiting for IPB 4 in order Forum and Core to be separate).

That being said, cannot understand the reason why should I install IP Nexus in order to get a simple Contact Form.

Let me just try to sum up the way (not the only one) a user could probably act when having an issue as registering to my community.

a) User clic on Register button.
b) User has any kind of problem or need to solve an issue as registering.
c) User looking for a way to contact with community admin.
e) User does not find any contact form, neither a link “Contact us” in footer.
f) User getting bored because registration issue he is experimenting has not being solved and contacting with admin seems to be difficult or impossible.
g) User is going away and my community is loosing a new register (someone will label this as “a great marketing mistake”).
h) My Community has lost the opportunity to demonstrate is serious and efficient.

Should I use a plugin for something so important? What if this plugin is not updated?

Plugins are great, but always depend on core software updates and compatibility, should I depend on a plugin for something so important as a Contact Form?

We all get what you're saying.

Add this to core, then another and another and the core becomes bloated.

The fact is that it's a plugin already. If the original author doesn't maintain it, someone else will step up with another. Or you can request a developer update it for your use.

Something as simple as a contact form should survive most upgrades. So there shouldn't be a huge concern about it breaking on upgrade and not being easily fixable.

Hi Aiwa, thanks, I have been thinking about this during this week, I would like to summarize:

a) Most of us here agree contact form is absolutely useful for our communities.

b) Being a plugin, “something as simple as a contact form should survive most upgrades”, so most of us would agree that adding a contact form to Core is technically not difficult to deploy.

c) Most of us also agree that a plugin is not suited for something so important as a contact form because “if the original author doesn't maintain it”, we should not be forced to request a custom developing (expensive, tedious, etc.)

I really do not understand why not adding a contact form to IPB Core :sad: , any security reason ??

Archived