ANSWERED TOPICS on IPS Marketplace Topics

Adriano Faria

An author might want to use it to essentially "float" a post that has an answer to FAQs.

Don't know... there are topics with 10, 50, 100 pages and more (Shoutbox has 140!). I don't think is a good thing a user defines a best answer now, which really is a best answer for him; 10 minutes later another user defines other post as his best answer... and there goes the POST which author defined as the FAQ!

Confusing... :smile:

Anyway, just my thought.

yeah, but you both bring up a couple of good points:

1. in a marketplace support topics with pages and pages of inquiries and replies, there multiple times when a question is posed and there is one 'best answer'

2. so this brings up the need to create some kind of extension or mod to best answer that would allow for marking multiple best answers ... kind of like a wiki subsitute or a FAQ so that someone who just purchased the product and is reluctant/lazy/annoyed at having to read through pages and pages of replies, could find the answer to a commonly posed question

Personally I don't think this feature works in that forum AT ALL, and it's for this reason:

in a marketplace support topics with pages and pages of inquiries and replies, there multiple times when a question is posed and there is one 'best answer'

We each get ONE support topic for ALL questions related to a single mod. The "Answered" flag in the forum makes it look like there are no open support questions, or that there is one single question in there. I think it's counter-intuitive and incredibly confusing.

Archived