Links Name?

OFA

Why has this changed on 3.3.4? :sad:

Before when posting a link you simply clicked the litle link symbol

and got two boxes/lines to fill in.

One where you'd put the link and one where you wrote what you wanted to name your link.

But now as far as i understand you can only post the link.

I'm puzzled why something like that is removed from one version to another.

Surely that's a step back?

Or have i missed something?

I believe the OP is referring to a change that occurred as a result of the switch to ckeditor.

With the old editor to add a link you selected the link icon and specified the link url and title in the dialog box. With ckeditor, to specify a title you must first select the word before clicking the icon if you wish to set a link title different to the URL itself.

To me the current functionality is more logical and inline with other editors and mainstream word processors but I can see how this could cause confusion when switching between the two methods.

Ideally, if no text was selected when you clicked the link icon, an additional option for link text/title would be presented. This would be a departure from ckeditors default functionality however so may not be feasible/practical.

I believe the OP is referring to a change that occurred as a result of the switch to ckeditor.

Yes that's correct.

I skipped a couple of versions and then jumped to 3.3.4

I kinda guessed that i would have to accept this new way of doing it but it's

going to take alot of getting used to as with this whole new editor that i don't like at all.

But i supose i'll lern to accept it.

The important thing is that the members like it i guess :smile:

Archived