[HQ] Awards

InvisionHQ

So I got this a while back, and since then there's been some updates. Sadly the time has come where I need to renew - to get access to the update, and indeed I will if I want to keep using it on IPS4... 

Unfortunately the Auto-Awards feature is severely lacking, and wholly undermining... and right now any awards given for anything that isn't Subscriptions, Post Count or Gallery Image, all has to be manually done, which can often be quite time hungry as the GUI isn't exactly... Intuitive on slower sites/connections...  Correct me if I am wrong at all by all means.

The Gallery Image one is in my eyes - pointless, as it targets member albums, which at least with my setup - I don't know about anyone else, only one member can upload to their album, it would have made more sense to make it gallery wide, followed by categories (if applicable) rather than album based - as you might as well just give them the award.

I think tricks were missed with this one. How many times the use the private messenger perhaps isn't a good one, but certainly their reputation score is one that is just quite an oversight. I have a few suggestions if it will help:

• Friends/Follower count, example: When you have 50 friends/followers. 
  • Reputation/Likes count, example: When you have a reputation of 50 - and/or - When you have given 50 likes. 
  • Time Online count, example: When you have spent over 9000 hours on a forum. (For what I mean http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4324-total-time-spent-on-forums/)
  • Best Answer count, example: When your post has been selected as the best answer (Questions/Answers Forum Setup)
  • Uploaded an avatar, Make a signature, Receiving 50 likes on one thing, etc...
  • Getting an article submitted with IP.Content (Pages)

Has it already been improved from v3.1.2Is anything being planned with the Auto-Awards system? If anything I've said doesn't sound right and sounds like I've missed something big, please let me know xP

Thanks in advance for reading.

So I got this a while back, and since then there's been some updates. Sadly the time has come where I need to renew - to get access to the update, and indeed I will if I want to keep using it on IPS4... 

Unfortunately the Auto-Awards feature is severely lacking, and wholly undermining... and right now any awards given for anything that isn't Subscriptions, Post Count or Gallery Image, all has to be manually done, which can often be quite time hungry as the GUI isn't exactly... Intuitive on slower sites/connections...  Correct me if I am wrong at all by all means.

The Gallery Image one is in my eyes - pointless, as it targets member albums, which at least with my setup - I don't know about anyone else, only one member can upload to their album, it would have made more sense to make it gallery wide, followed by categories (if applicable) rather than album based - as you might as well just give them the award.

I think tricks were missed with this one. How many times the use the private messenger perhaps isn't a good one, but certainly their reputation score is one that is just quite an oversight. I have a few suggestions if it will help:

Hidden Content

Has it already been improved from v3.1.2Is anything being planned with the Auto-Awards system? If anything I've said doesn't sound right and sounds like I've missed something big, please let me know xP

Thanks in advance for reading.

​I agree that the auto awards is lacking - reputation, topics started, total likes, etc. should be included in auto awarding.  From what I understand, the auto award for gallery is awarded just for uploading one photo? It should be more configurable.

The awards system is a good base system, but the auto award system needs some work, please.

• 4 weeks later...

Couple of questions regarding this app, just switching everything over from Pederfi's awards system to take advantage of the auto awards functionality. If not for 3.4.X then please add for 4.0 version.

I know I asked above and thanks for the reply but I'm hoping that this will be available for the gold release of V4 which is looking likely this month or early April. Do you think you'll have the V4 version released in this timeframe? If not what is the likely timeframe (I'm relying on this upgrade to proceed with our upgrade to V4).

• Auto award promotion to group (donors for example)
  • Auto award on member length (i.e. been a member 1, 2, 3 years)
  • Auto award on posts and reputation (i.e. 10 posts, 10 likes)
  • Auto award for having set amount of posts, been a member for a set time and has a set amount of medals.
  • Auto award on reputation
  • Auto award when topic starter receives a hot topic
  • Auto award for starting topic within specific forum (i.e. introduction forum, checking if topic starter has medal, if so not to award)
  • Auto award for approved topics (could be tied to point above re forum specific)
  • Auto award for having a topic stickied/pinned
  • Auto award for having a set amount of medals

Also needs a page listing all medals, if it has one already I cannot for the life of me find it - it needs a generic page listing every available medal.

On user awards page, the following is all lumped together, difficult to comprened what it is (unless you know what you are looking at).

test Given on Today, 17:30 PM

Test is the comment supplied when medal was supplied Given on is the text within language but it's grammatically incorrect. It should read as follows

Comment: Test

Medal supplied today at 17:30pm

Apart from that, I would suggest that the css settings are tied to the jawards.css rather than being set within other css files, you need to hunt to make css edits and they should all be within the jawards.css

Great mod, small tweeks and more auto award options would make this pretty much perfect.

i would like to see a reward when buying something in Downloads - like a medal(custom ones ofc) with title when hovering:

*icon* <- title: has bought 2 items in "language name/downloads".

And the icon changed lets say after 10-30-40 purchases, and after 50 u get a golden thingy :P  if this is possible ofc 

I'm working on IPB4 version. 

soon some screenshots. :D

​Superb, looking forward to it, do you have an expected timescale? WIll this be available as an upgrade version or a new V4 version with a new sub? WIll it also allow upgrade from V3.4.* to V4 retaining all the awards/medals previously supplied to members or will everything have to be supplied new? Any new features added? I posted some suggestions above.

craigf136 and Tripp_UK both listed awards that should already have been implemented in an IPB3 version. I will refrain from purchasing until most if not all awards they've mentioned are included or hope for an awards mod from someone else. I hate to sound so cold or blunt, but I felt I had to be.

I'd really like to implement this on more of my sites, however, the version that powers 3.4 is weak.  I am really hoping that the 4.0 version is much more robust in function.  Ready made awards with a chart of what the constitute as mentioned above would be great.

​That's not the point of the awards system (if I understood you correctly) - this is an application that allows you to make up your own awards, rather than being dictated to by the application.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting this error when trying to add a new reward:

System Error

Adding this award has failed, please try again. (a)

Running 3.4.7 for the board and 3.1.3 for the awards. Tried looking in error logs or sql logs and nothing.   What would cause this error?  I have a bunch of awards already added as well. 

I have a test board running right now and I am not able to get the awards to show up in the signature. They show up fine on the side bar/postbit. 

2015-02-02_21-55-31.png

​I am getting the same thing. We can also see it happening on his website (link).

Any idea what is going on?

EDIT* - The display is solely dependent on the category setting: "Display Location"

To display it in the signatures, you need to set that setting to "Signature"

Edited by Kyle Pham
Figured out the problem

My question is more about renewals and what not. For the release of IPB V4 should I be renewing my current one or will I need to repurchase it?

​Due to owner the App not here for the Badges i had repurchase it under the 4.0.x system but might be best wait for official message from @InvisionHQ