[HQ] Awards

InvisionHQ

Are you serious? Just download the files and upload the ones inside the upload folder. That's not hard, how did you even setup IPB? lol

hire me and i can setup stuff for you xD

there is exactly one award in master category...which is not a full set. are you the author of this addon? I purchased the addon and I am requiring support irregardless how you personally feel about it.

I do not require you to setup 'stuff'. If you cannot nor will not try to assist me, then I prefer that you simply ignore my posts.

I am operating the complete IP.Board Suite, and I have added twenty addons purchased through the IPS Marketplace. I fully support addon developers, attempting to utilize this support forum for which it is intended.

[New person to the discussion here, Hi!] I'd help but I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. Are you looking for icons to use to make awards? You need to manually make your awards you could use an icon pack but I don't think that's what the application seller is offering. I made my own icons but you could probably find a pack of generic icons. What is it exactly that you're having problems with? I brought this too and have gotten it working - so I hope that somewhat qualifies me (And unlike the last guy, you will not need to "hire" me).

:) Already following the thread.

[New person to the discussion here, Hi!] I'd help but I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. Are you looking for icons to use to make awards? You need to manually make your awards you could use an icon pack but I don't think that's what the application seller is offering. I made my own icons but you could probably find a pack of generic icons. What is it exactly that you're having problems with? I brought this too and have gotten it working - so I hope that somewhat qualifies me (And unlike the last guy, you will not need to "hire" me).

smile.png Already following the thread.

LOL .. I understand that I need to procure my own icon set .. then set them up in categories. Is there a specific category structure that needs to be configured??

Right now I have one award in the master category, the one provided by the addon developer. I want to setup all options in the addon.

Thank you

Then I don't know what to suggest. Hopefully the developer will have more of an understanding for this than I do. Under the dropdown; Other Apps > [HQ] Awards, it will load up a screen the settings for various aspects of it are down the left hand side, like Auto-Awards, General Settings, so on and so forth. You'd need to setup these "Options"...

there is exactly one award in master category...which is not a full set. are you the author of this addon? I purchased the addon and I am requiring support irregardless how you personally feel about it.

I do not require you to setup 'stuff'. If you cannot nor will not try to assist me, then I prefer that you simply ignore my posts.

I am operating the complete IP.Board Suite, and I have added twenty addons purchased through the IPS Marketplace. I fully support addon developers, attempting to utilize this support forum for which it is intended.

I am trying to help you as it seems like the Developer that is supposed to help isn't bothering. I'd expect a feature to award everyone with their "auto award post" and i suggested this months ago, yet it's not here. Yet, i need to pay $12.50/anually df

I would like to go over setting up a category, adding awards, then awarding them using different criteria/options

Why don't you play around with it? Set up a test category that only you can see as set awards that only you can see. I brought this months before I actually used it (had the whole thing perm locked to only my usergroup), for that reason.

I am trying to help you as it seems like the Developer that is supposed to help isn't bothering. I'd expect a feature to award everyone with their "auto award post" and i suggested this months ago, yet it's not here. Yet, i need to pay $12.50/anually df

Do you mean "AutoAward by Post" by any chance?

Do you mean "AutoAward by Post" by any chance?

I do, i enabled that. And it seems like nobody got it, i can't manually award out awards to 8000 members. I was hoping it would have a bulk award option, so it would automaticly award the members once they sign in with their correct awards, so if the member has 150 posts and the award is 100 he would get that.

I was also testing, if it actually worked. I made myself, a brand new test account and via the ACP i changed the post to 99.. I signed into the account, and posted two posts - yet he didnt get the "100 award" the 100 post award that I setup.

I am pretty sure I did it correctly, it's not that hard to setup.

Here, look at the following three photos of the settings:

'>

'>

'>

I also enabled cabinet settings for this user group (no idea what cabinet means).

Show awards is enabled and everything, i changed the post to 99 then posted (the user was previously 5 post).

So, it does not work -or- "changing the user post ammount" is not comptiable with it which i doubt.

Forgive me for all these questions; I'm not the developer but I seriously question why you were suggesting to William that he should hire you... Seeing as you (yourself) haven't got it running properly yet, that's not a very smart idea.

It looks as though it should be working... Is the user "Demon" not getting any at all? Did you check his actual profile? I had this problem before - turned out that its because the awards weren't being displayed at all I had to go into the User Profile and find my way to the Awards section of their profile to see it. But I fixed this through trial and error and am unsure what my exact steps where. The module works fine for me, I'm not sure if this is sheer luck or something else... I'd say keep playing around with it, without access to the ACP (And there's no reason why I should have access) I couldn't tell you.

I think I will set up a separate (dev) board when I have some free time and go over the steps I had to take to get it to work.

I have started out by setting up these categories

• Post Badge Display
  • Post Profile Display
  • Post Signature Display
  • Achievement Badge Display
  • Main Category (DEFAULT - do we really need this?)

As you can see that I am trying to adhere to the structure found when configuring each area

Discuss merits of settings for these settings

• Show on Frontend
  • Display Location

We can take care of the shortcomings with installation details.. wont you join me please?

I added auto awarding on post, is there a way to re-fetch so I can make everyone that reache 500, 1000 etc get their awards? Awarding them manually wouldn't work good, it would duplicate it.

Please send me all steps to reproduce the problem. There is no way ATM to apply retroactive auto-awards, The users need to post

to activate auto-awards.

I need source for awards, how to setup???? Please provide example setup/configuration.

I cant answer to this question, what do you want to do? the script can be configured in many ways (Awards, Achievement, Badge...)

I changed the post of a user to 99 and made the user reply two topics to hit 101. The user did not get the award? Is it really that buggy or is it me configuring it uncorrectly?

Ontop of that you need to implent a way so we can award people that already has the required post automatic T_T Bulk.

No its not buggy, Send me a PM with URL and ACP access to check your configuration.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased, installed the addon and received this error whenever I want to view the carbinet:

Fatal error: Call to a member function category_row_start() on a non-object in /mydirectory/applications_addon/other/jawards/modules_public/awards/awards.php on line 216

Just purchased, installed the addon and received this error whenever I want to view the carbinet:

Fatal error: Call to a member function category_row_start() on a non-object in /mydirectory/applications_addon/other/jawards/modules_public/awards/awards.php on line 216

Did you rebuilt your skin templates?

One problem that I have with the awards system is that you can give the same award to the person over and over again. Other than that, I love it.