Teams

MadMikeyB

Screenshot_09_06_2013_18_18_1764F071.png

Screenshot_09_06_2013_18_19_1764F09C.png

Screenshot_09_06_2013_18_19_1764F0BA.png

From what I see there is some demand to turn Teams into more of a Social Groups app - so what I am thinking of doing is adding more 'Social Groups' type features to Teams, and introducing it as a new app - "Teams Extended".

This is simply because I'd be adding a lot of new functionality which really would make Teams bloated IMO. As it was intended to be a light app which is mainly for clans, etc.

Now what I wanted to do was ask feedback here.. would you want that sort of an app? If so, what features would you want to see?

I want to clarify that this wouldn't mean that Teams would stop being developed.. but that you'd get the Social Groups type app which you'd want.

If you start filling the Teams App out too much, I would prefer it be a separate app.

Either that or offer two hooks in the downloads. Teams Full and Teams Lite.

I have both Teams and Social Groups and didn't like how bloated and buggy Social Groups was... I prefer something light weight, so am using Teams on our board.

If you start filling the Teams App out too much, I would prefer it be a separate app.

Either that or offer two hooks in the downloads. Teams Full and Teams Lite.

I have both Teams and Social Groups and didn't like how bloated and buggy Social Groups was... I prefer something light weight, so am using Teams on our board.

That's what he said. He said it would be released as Teams Extended.

I personally believe that you don't really have to add too much more to this to make it more socially capable while still leaving it lightweight. Adding things like comments/forum discussions pretty much rounds this out into a social groups style application in my opinion. Perhaps add Team categories so that teams can be categorized and restricting the number of teams a user may join with global limits and per-category limits.

So my ideas:

Enable/Disable Forum Discussion for specific groups.

Team Join Limitations globally and per-category.

Auto Approve Members for Open Teams.

Team tab on Member profile page.

That's what he said. He said it would be released as Teams Extended.

I know, but Mikey asked "Now what I wanted to do was ask feedback here.. would you want that sort of an app?", so I was just giving my feedback that I thought it would be good to keep it separate. :)

Good idea to keep them both separate if you do go ahead with the extension.

With the Teams mod, I feel the only thing missing for me is the need to be able to "Mass PM your team", without it, it takes longer to contact everybody and keep in touch with your team.

Thanks for the feedback so far, it's encouraging :)

With the Teams mod, I feel the only thing missing for me is the need to be able to "Mass PM your team", without it, it takes longer to contact everybody and keep in touch with your team.

I'd agree that that would be an ideal feature for Teams.. though adding Team News does notify everyone in your team.

Thanks for the feedback so far, it's encouraging :smile:

I'd agree that that would be an ideal feature for Teams.. though adding Team News does notify everyone in your team.

I didn't realise that and thought it was just going to be a page view and know that some game players they would have ignored that...but a notification is good, thanks. :D I wonder if the team leader also receives one. May seem silly I know, but like to see how it looks after it's gone out. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

How about adding a custom dropdown where team creator will be able to select which game is his team?

• Team Game (small logo of the game) Dota 2 , CS:GO , LoL etc. (16x16 with kind of overmouse title)
  • Team Name
  • Team Description
  • etc.

A way to show everyone what game, team is dedicated.

Team Name and Description are already there? You could also use the Team Emblem for the logo of the game. Unless you mean adding them to the topic view, like a custom profile field?

• 1 month later...

Hi, Ive been using this for quite a while, and its a really cool feature, however, I have just come across one issue.

I have multiple teams on my site, and members can join those teams no problem. However, the largest team has a few members as pending, although there is no option approve these members, (as either team leader or admin) - just the options of remove or transfer team to this member.

I dont have this problem with any of the other teams, members can join, and then be approved, just in this largest one. Is that the cause of the issue? The team currently has 25 approved members, with a further 3 pending. Ive had a look but cant see any options anywhere to adjust team limits if that is the issue.

Thanks

Hi, Ive been using this for quite a while, and its a really cool feature, however, I have just come across one issue.

I have multiple teams on my site, and members can join those teams no problem. However, the largest team has a few members as pending, although there is no option approve these members, (as either team leader or admin) - just the options of remove or transfer team to this member.

I dont have this problem with any of the other teams, members can join, and then be approved, just in this largest one. Is that the cause of the issue? The team currently has 25 approved members, with a further 3 pending. Ive had a look but cant see any options anywhere to adjust team limits if that is the issue.

Thanks

Hi Guy,

I'm really glad you and your members are enjoying Teams. :smile:

The largest team on your site - is that an Open or a Closed team? IE, can members join themselves, or are you inviting members using the invite box?

If you're inviting members, they have to explicitly accept your invite by clicking the link in the notification or email. If they're joining of their own volition (IE, you have an Open Team) then you should be able to accept them as the Team Leader or Super Moderator / Admin.

Thanks! :smile:

Hi Mikey, thanks for the reply.

It is an open team - the members have joined themselves, but there is no option to approve them as either the team leader or site admin. Although, I have just come across something odd, when using the admin account to join that team, the option is available:

teams.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

thank you for this app,

i have a question, can members post threads in their groups or only the admins !?

Only team leaders can post Team News.

Hey Mikey, does this app support categories for teams?

Like say you wanted Sports as a category and then Football and Baseball under Sports?

Or it is all just one global team space?

Unfortunately all teams are put into a global space, however categories / tagging is something I'll consider. Thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...