Community

Hey

Firstly brilliant add-on so thank you but just wondered if you could touch base on a few things?

Adding a clan logo doesn't appear to work through the Edit team page. I can add it manually through myphpadmin but as soon as I update the team again it removes it.

Some extra features would be nice such as

• Listing teams in alphabetical order
  • The ability to add roles for each member similar to custom titles for the rest of the forum
  • Listing which teams a member is in on the viewtopic section?
  • Ability to add matches for the team and include details such as date, opponent, opponent country, event (league or ladder), map and final score
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ok, nevermind. I removed them from the team, logged on as them and re-joined, and then the option became instantly available. Im not sure what caused it, but its working now, so must of been a permis

File Name: Teams File Submitter: Mikey File Submitted: 31 Oct 2012 File Category: User and Social Engagement Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x Teams offers your members a great way to create

Suggestion: Can you have a team userbar or something, or a emblem on their postbit so people can have their teams under post bit please?!

Posted Images

I'm very limited for time these days however I'm hoping to get an update for Teams pushed out as soon as I can. I'm reviewing the bugs posted earlier in this topic.

I noticed, unless it is an issue with just mine, that when a person joins the team that they can approve their own membership, not just the team leader. Is this just mine or do others find this?

Please note that they could only approve their own membership by visiting a certain URL via URL manipulation, from my tests nothing showed on the front end which allowed them to approve their own membership, however I have fixed this.

Check and see if this is a bug as well. When I create a team and do invite only (Closed team) and then I want to go back and edit team to open, it seems like it will not allow it to change or open the team. Am I missing a setting for this? thanks

Fixed.

'Thank you' for teams hook update. LoL! :hmm:

Just updated the file. As mentioned I have been busy, thank you for the comment though. :)

would have been nice to get an update for something we paid for. :cry: It's not very functional as is. Has some glitches that need fixing.

I've just spent the last 2 hours going over this topic for bugs and feature requests and I have fixed those which have been mentioned. If you have any further glitches or bugs which you are seeing please let me know.

While this seems like a great mod, I thought that every team could discuss. There is no place from discussion. If you put discussions like a forum/subforum style for each team it would be great like groups.

This isn't a social groups application and doesn't feature as much integration with the forums as that application does.

I may add these features in the future for a newer / different version but for now it is not meant to replace Social Groups as an App.

I purchased this today Mikey, and installed it to our 3.4.3 site without issues during install. I went to create a closed Team where I could invite selected users to that team. When invited users enter the team system, they are told they do not have access to that team. I have no way of approving their membership so that they can get access:

post-139031-0-08440900-1364760426_thumb.

post-139031-0-72782400-1364760432_thumb.

No approval flag / icon exists as it does in the OPEN Team format.

I purchased this today Mikey, and installed it to our 3.4.3 site without issues during install. I went to create a closed Team where I could invite selected users to that team. When invited users enter the team system, they are told they do not have access to that team. I have no way of approving their membership so that they can get access:

attachicon.gif2013-03-31_151406.png

attachicon.gif2013-03-31_151554.png

No approval flag / icon exists as it does in the OPEN Team format.

That's by design. As a closed team is invite only, those users who have been invited should get email and inline notifications with links to accept the invite.

Invision_Power_Board-20130401-072233.pngScreen%20Shot%202013-04-01%20at%2007.26.

The word "invite" implies that it's optional, so that's why it works like that. :)

Another question... If I go in and change a team's settings, apparently the logic is that the app then thinks I am team lead and gives it to me. As a Root Admin, I should be able to go in and edit a team and not have to worry about re-assigning team lead, right?

As Admin / Super Mod you can do everything to a Team that a Team Leader can do. Team Leader's are admins of their own teams only. Admins are admins of everything. You can only change the leader of a team by clicking the 'Transfer Team' button (which you can do on any team to any member as an admin).

This isn't a social groups application and doesn't feature as much integration with the forums as that application does.

I may add these features in the future for a newer / different version but for now it is not meant to replace Social Groups as an App.

I know but I am asking because the social groups app seems to have weird bugs and I am not fond of it, so if another similar app was to arise with no big issues I may prefer it.

I know but I am asking because the social groups app seems to have weird bugs and I am not fond of it, so if another similar app was to arise with no big issues I may prefer it.

I did have plans at one time to extend this app and add the social groups features but I decided that in order to justify that, it'd need to be a separate app as so much would need adding to it to make it a social groups app.

So maybe in future that will happen, however right now I barely have time. :)

As Admin / Super Mod you can do everything to a Team that a Team Leader can do. Team Leader's are admins of their own teams only. Admins are admins of everything. You can only change the leader of a team by clicking the 'Transfer Team' button (which you can do on any team to any member as an admin).

Mikey, what I am saying is that when I edited the Team, that automatically gave me team leader - I did not physically switch leadership to me. I then had to reassign team lead to the original person. That automatic switch of leader to root admin is normal?

Mikey, thanks for the recent updates to the app! I'm starting to use your app for my gaming website and would like the ability for the mods and myself to add people to the teams that we setup, especially since we are trying to implement this on a site with a large existing user-base and do not want to wait for them to all add themselves. Does this currently exist in the apps current state and if not, could this feature be part of a future update?

Mikey, what I am saying is that when I edited the Team, that automatically gave me team leader - I did not physically switch leadership to me. I then had to reassign team lead to the original person. That automatic switch of leader to root admin is normal?

No it's not normal - I'm looking into that.

Mikey, thanks for the recent updates to the app! I'm starting to use your app for my gaming website and would like the ability for the mods and myself to add people to the teams that we setup, especially since we are trying to implement this on a site with a large existing user-base and do not want to wait for them to all add themselves. Does this currently exist in the apps current state and if not, could this feature be part of a future update?

Yes you can either create a 'Closed' team which essentially makes it invite only. You then get a screen which looks like this:

Screen%20Shot%202013-04-09%20at%2015.30." alt="Screen%20Shot%202013-04-09%20at%2015.30.">

And you'd simply enter the users usernames into the box. They'll then get an invitation notification and email - they must click the link given in either of these to accept the invite to the team:

MikeyTest_s_team%21_-_Teams_-_Invision_P

Alternately, you can make an edit to the template listed earlier in this topic which means that the above form to add a member to a team is available on all teams. :)

• 1 month later...

How about adding a custom dropdown where team creator will be able to select which game is his team?

• Team Game (small logo of the game) Dota 2 , CS:GO , LoL etc. (16x16 with kind of overmouse title)
  • Team Name
  • Team Description
  • etc.

A way to show everyone what game, team is dedicated.

Hello,

IPB newb. Getting this error when clicking on the teams tab after a fresh install (for your latest release, as I just bought it.)

Call to a member function allTeams() on a non-object

Searched through the six pages in this topic but did not see anyone else with this issue. I'm fairly certain this is a caching problem but I'm pretty sure I rebuilt the caches.

Help...? :smile:

P.S. Definitely looks like one of the most promising addons for IPB that I have seen!

Edit: Fixed. Was caching issue. Not sure why, but rebuilding cache a second time fixed it.

Hello,

IPB newb. Getting this error when clicking on the teams tab after a fresh install (for your latest release, as I just bought it.)

Call to a member function allTeams() on a non-object

Searched through the six pages in this topic but did not see anyone else with this issue. I'm fairly certain this is a caching problem but I'm pretty sure I rebuilt the caches.

Help...? :smile:

P.S. Definitely looks like one of the most promising addons for IPB that I have seen!

Edit: Fixed. Was caching issue. Not sure why, but rebuilding cache a second time fixed it.

Yeah, generally recaching the skins will fix that. I'm glad you got it fixed! :)

Yeah, generally recaching the skins will fix that. I'm glad you got it fixed! :smile:

Thanks.

I'm not sure where to make a feature request, but I misunderstood one of the features of this product. When creating a closed team, I did not expect that others who are not a part of that team to be able to read the news and comments within the team. This seems unintuitive to me. Is it possible to restrict these posts to only team members? Without this feature, this product actually has no value to me at all. :sad:

Ohmy. Worse, these teams are publically visible if you know where to look!

http://bit.ly/10HghH1 (I used Bit.ly because I don't want this domain to be indexed.)

This website is part of a gaming alliance for an MMO that is known for being quite harsh; security is actually a big part of the meta game we play! That said, if you cannot make these changes, can you point me to the files where I might accomplish this myself? I know little about IPB but I've been programming for over 20 years, so just pointing me somewhere is generally enough.

Thanks.

I'm not sure where to make a feature request, but I misunderstood one of the features of this product. When creating a closed team, I did not expect that others who are not a part of that team to be able to read the news and comments within the team. This seems unintuitive to me. Is it possible to restrict these posts to only team members? Without this feature, this product actually has no value to me at all. :sad:

Ohmy. Worse, these teams are publically visible if you know where to look!

http://bit.ly/10HghH1 (I used Bit.ly because I don't want this domain to be indexed.)

This website is part of a gaming alliance for an MMO that is known for being quite harsh; security is actually a big part of the meta game we play! That said, if you cannot make these changes, can you point me to the files where I might accomplish this myself? I know little about IPB but I've been programming for over 20 years, so just pointing me somewhere is generally enough.

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. Closed teams does not equal Private teams.

Closed teams are still publicly viewable, but they're not publicly joinable. Closed teams equates to 'Invite Only' teams with regards to membership. Not with regards to viewing.

I'll see if I can add in a 'Private Teams' feature which restricts viewing as well. For now, I believe that you should be able to restrict viewing access to that team on a per-member group basis by going to your AdminCP > Members > Manage Member Permissions, edit the group you wish to restrict and uncheck 'Can View Team' on the permission matrix here.

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding here. Closed teams does not equal Private teams.

Closed teams are still publicly viewable, but they're not publicly joinable. Closed teams equates to 'Invite Only' teams with regards to membership. Not with regards to viewing.

I'll see if I can add in a 'Private Teams' feature which restricts viewing as well. For now, I believe that you should be able to restrict viewing access to that team on a per-member group basis by going to your AdminCP > Members > Manage Member Permissions, edit the group you wish to restrict and uncheck 'Can View Team' on the permission matrix here.

Thank you. I think it is more my own misunderstanding as "teams" probably has accepted norms I'm unfamiliar with. Closed and Private certainly make sense to me.

Also, thanks for the tip. I missed the second permission matrix for member permissions vs. member groups. In fact, that's a perfect workaround for me, so I am good now. :smile: