Community

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Teams

File Submitter: Mikey

File Submitted: 31 Oct 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

Teams offers your members a great way to create minicommunities. Whether it's for a gaming clan, or an off topic community, Teams is great for anyone! This application features:

• Create / Join Teams with perusergroup permissions.
  • Team Management from the frontend by the Team Leader or forum staff.
  • Team Emblems. Allow your members to personalise their team by uploading a team emblem.
  • Team Invititation system. Your Team Leaders can create a 'closed' team, and then invite members..
  • Team News system. Your Team Leaders can add news posts to a team which will notify all members of that team.
  • Transfer Teams. A Team Leader can transfer their teams to other users.
  • Notifications
  • Team Leaders will be notified when someone joins a team which they have created.
  • Team Members will be notified when someone joins a team which they're a member of.
  • Users will recieve a notification when a team is transferred to them, or when they're invited to a team.

%7Boption%7D
%7Boption%7D
Please do not post support questions in the comments section. They will not be replied to as I do not have time to monitor multiple places for questions. Please reply to the support topic with any questions.

Please report all bugs here: http://thegeekdistrict.com/community/tracdown/categories/8-teams/

here to download this file

IP.Board Set Up Utility

Welcome to the IP.Board application set up utility.
This installation is in progress...

The following errors have been found:

· CREATE TABLE teams ( team_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, team_name varchar(140) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_seotitle varchar(140) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_description text NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_logo text NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_open int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, team_leader_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, PRIMARY KEY (team_id) ) ENGINE=INNODB;

BLOB/TEXT column 'team_description' can't have a default value

Click here to continue regardless
Any ideas what the problem could be?

Very good mod

but this mod can to work with ipb 3.23!!!! :unsure:

I have not tested this on 3.2, but to my knowledge there is no 3.3. specific code in there.

IP.Board Set Up Utility

Welcome to the IP.Board application set up utility.
This installation is in progress...

The following errors have been found:

· CREATE TABLE teams ( team_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, team_name varchar(140) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_seotitle varchar(140) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_description text NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_logo text NOT NULL DEFAULT '', team_open int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, team_leader_id int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, PRIMARY KEY (team_id) ) ENGINE=INNODB;

BLOB/TEXT column 'team_description' can't have a default value

Click here to continue regardless

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Are you running MySQL in Strict Mode do you know? I've not run into this issue before.

Open up /admin/applications_addon/other/teams/setup/versions/install/sql/teams_mysql_tables.php and find

team_description text NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Remove the DEFAULT '', and do the same for

team_logo text NOT NULL DEFAULT ''

Alternately, PM me with AdminCP / FTP details and I'll look through the setup files for you to see if I can fix those for your install.

Hey Mikey,

Do you plan on adding in cache at some point? I just noticed this when I decided to add integration with my Global Ads for teams to show on. I had to build an array from DB->build to get the current teams and to work out whether or not the app was installed as to not produce SQL DB error.

And this is really an excellent idea. This app so much potential. Could really turn out to be a full fledged Teams app that is sort of like MLG; the type to have scores, and leaderboards, ect. That would be awesome improvement in this apps development life. :smile:

-Don :smile:

Hey Mikey,

Do you plan on adding in cache at some point? I just noticed this when I decided to add integration with my Global Ads for teams to show on. I had to build an array from DB->build to get the current teams and to work out whether or not the app was installed as to not produce SQL DB error.

And this is really an excellent idea. This app so much potential. Could really turn out to be a full fledged Teams app that is sort of like MLG; the type to have scores, and leaderboards, ect. That would be awesome improvement in this apps development life. :smile:

Uh, a little OT, but you shouldn't need to use DB->build? Data Hooks are before and after all saves, in 1.0.0, and 1.0.1 has Template Hook points in the templates.. caches are on my to-do list though, yes.

Also, to check the app is installed, couldn't you do something similar to IPSLib::appIsInstalled? :)

I had to use the DB->build inside of the ACP on a setting to retrieve the currently created teams to use that setting as a permission mask per say.

Example:

$dropdown = array();
if ( IPSLib::appIsInstalled( 'teams' ) )
{
     $build = $this->DB->build( array( 'select' => '*',
                                       'from' => 'teams',
                                      )
                               );
     $exec = $this->DB->execute( $build );

if ( $this->DB->getTotalRows( $exec ) )
     {
          while( $teams = $this->DB->fetch( $exec ) )
          {
               $dropdown[] = array( $teams['team_id'], $teams['team_name'] );
          }
     }
     else
     {
          $dropdown[] = array( 0, 'No Teams Created' );
     }
}
else
{
     $dropdown[] = array( 0, 'Teams Is Not Installed' );
}

if ( $save == 1 )
{
        if ( is_array( $_POST['ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms'] ) )
        {
                $_POST['ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms'] = implode( ",", $_POST['ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms'] );
        }
        else
        {
                $_POST['ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms'] = "";
        }

$key = 'ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms';
}
if ( $show == 1 )
{
        $key = 'ng30_global_ads_team_group_perms[]';
}

This was the only viable way of currently retrieving a list of teams. I did IPSLib::appIsInstalled after realizing that when I went to test the setting after uninstalling the app that it produced an SQL DB error in the ACP cuz the table didn't exist. So I fixed all that by the above code. :smile:

i am interested to know how this is working for the people that have purchased it as I am looking to get it in the future as soon as I can afford it. Please tell me your opinions and what your members think of it

when a person is deleted from the website, it needs to delete their quiz score and records as well, right now it just shows a space in the score, but their name is not there.

when a person is deleted from the website, it needs to delete their quiz score and records as well, right now it just shows a space in the score, but their name is not there.

I'll look into it. :)

Hey Mikey,

I seem to have noticed an error with the Edit Teams page. When I go to edit a team, it doesn't change the "Create Team" in the <H3> tag to "Edit Team: MY TEAM NAME", and also, it doesn't show my team name in the Team Name input area. I think there is an issue with the $team variable somewhere. I noticed this when adding support for my mod.

Hey Mikey,

I seem to have noticed an error with the Edit Teams page. When I go to edit a team, it doesn't change the "Create Team" in the <H3> tag to "Edit Team: MY TEAM NAME", and also, it doesn't show my team name in the Team Name input area. I think there is an issue with the $team variable somewhere. I noticed this when adding support for my mod.

I can't reproduce this:

2012-11-05_19h36_38.png

As you can see from this screenshot at my site, I can reproduce this:
attachicon.gifUntitled.png
attachicon.gifUntitled1.png

At first I thought it was just my first team seeing this issue, so I created another team, and the same can be said for that team as well.

I'll double check things, but it's not behaving this way for my installations. Can you try recaching your skins?

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the ability to add image attachments when someone is posting a new news topic to their team?

Thanks,

Not in the current version, however I may see if I can add this in a future version. BBCode is supported in Team news posts.

I just purchased the mod, got it installed and set up my Teams/roster...however when I goto the VIEW ONLINE list of members it get this error

Fatal error: Class 'publicSessions__teams' not found in /home/torment/public_html/admin/applications/members/modules_public/online/online.php on line 252

any help is greatly appreciated and thank you for your help!