Community

InvisionHQ

[HQ] Raffle System

Thanks. That is a huge help because if others can see that John Doe bought 50 tickets, they might think they won't have much of a chance ... and maybe John Doe doesn't want everyone to know he bought that many tickets!

We have two developers now and it sounds great.

The most common bug in this application is, it doesn't log participants after paypal payment. It should fix as priority and i am ready to donate few bucks for its development.

I am having this problem as well. Is this a common issue? I could really use help with this.

These are my options, I went with 5.4 single

• PHP 5.2 (FastCGI)

All files with the extension .php will be handled by PHP 5.2 FastCGI processes.

FastCGI for PHP makes all your PHP applications run through mod_fastcgi instead of mod_suphp.
    This eliminates the overhead of loading the PHP interpreter on every hit.
    Since it is always in memory ready for the next hit, the responses will be generated faster.
  • PHP 5.3

All files with the extension .php will be handled by the PHP 5.3 engine.

Most reliable and compatible version of PHP.

• PHP 5.3 (Single php.ini)

Same as PHP 5.3, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini

• PHP 5.4

All files with the extension .php will be handled by the PHP 5.4 engine.

Latest version of PHP.

Note: Source Guardian and Zend Guard Loader not currently supported.

• PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini)

Same as PHP 5.4, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini

Tested.

I believe it worked before if you set the raffle to free entry. I believe its after you use paypal to purchase a ticket. I will check this i a minute, so far the current raffle did not update the current participants

LiF I work on new features after I solve all customers problem. (soon) :D

(some suggestions in this list is also on my todolist)

Hello, I See action to this thread so May I ask if any of the belwow has been completed in the 'latest' version.

Keep in mind, I am 3.3.4

Invision HQ

Anything on my wish list that might get added into releases?

1. Allowing 'free' raffles to be on a 'timer' (24 hrs) to be able to participate again. So members can enter the raffle 'daily'
2. Ability to COPY/DUPLICATE raffles once completed.
3. Allow (by group) who can SEE raffles
4. Allow (by group) who can VIEW PARTICIPATES.
5, Thread started in a specific area stating a new raffle STARTED
6. Change the word at checkout from "Pay' to "Total"
7. Ability to purchase more than one raffle at a time. -think this ones already done
8. Ability to remove/refund members from the raffle.

I have live paid raffles going on and do no want to upgrade unless we know for sure all info will be retained.

Hi,

I am running IP 3.4.2 and am now ready to install this for the first time - Is the current release stable now or should I wait for any impending updates?

I want to use it for a brand new site we have been working on and will only be using paypal for any transactions so if theres bugs with nexus etc, that won't be a problem for us.

Many thanks

Several users have reported issues with the processing of Paypal payments. I personally haven't been able to reproduce it, so it might be OK for you to use at the moment, but I would suggest you wait for the next update.

Several users have reported issues with the processing of Paypal payments. I personally haven't been able to reproduce it, so it might be OK for you to use at the moment, but I would suggest you wait for the next update.

I'm having this issue today as well. It was the first time we did a paid raffle. Running lastest IP board, latest plugin etc.

@Martin A and company:

we use aMember as our membership management script, providing SSO to various components like wordpress, 4images, IPB, and others.. The aMember devs sent all clients an email notifying us about an issue with PayPal, taking effect on 01 Feb:

PayPal has changed
configuration and staring from Feb 01, 2013 there may be a problem with
handling new IPN messages from PayPal

Starting from Feb 01, 2013 PayPal is going to change their servers
configuration. They require IPN validation scripts to use HTTP/1.1
instead of HTTP/1.0 as they advised many years ago.

You can find the entire blog entry here:

http://www.amember.com/p/2013/01/paypalfix-for-v3/