[HQ] Raffle System

InvisionHQ

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [HQ] Raffle System

File Submitter: InvisionHQ

File Submitted: 29 Oct 2012

File Category: Commerce

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

This application will allow admins to create and manage raffles and giveaways on your board.

Features:

• Intregrate with IP.Nexus/PayPal, so you can sell raffles
  • Ability to create an automatic topic when the raflle is completed (admin can choose the forum, the topic author, topic title and topic (post) content)
  • Send a PM to the winner(s) of every raflle when is completed
  • Notifications when the payment is recognized and when the raffle is completed
  • Global hook inviting users to the raffle
  • FURL
  • Tabs on Admin CP raffle form
  • Added a description field on Admin CP raffle form
  • Added a "raffle page" where will display all information about the raffle, including the description
  • Added an upload field to the raffle image prizwes (Admin CP raffle form)
  • Raffle comments
  • Comments management (aprove, edit or delete) on Moderator CP
  • Raffle announcements: you can show active raffles on all or specific pages (option to members dismiss the announcements)
  • Filter per raffle type on main screen (active or completed)
  • Added countdown to the raffle deadline on main screen
  • Currency setting
  • PayPal Integration: all the payment history is logged (completed, denied, pending, etc).
  • Queued Items Integration
  • Restrict by number of posts
  • Restrict by number of reputation points/like
  • Restrict by number of participants
  • Share Links
  • Share Media (BBCode)
  • Stats on main page
  • Admin CP Dashboard notification (to warn about expired raffles)
  • RSS Feed on Active Raffles
  • Quick Navigation listing Active and Completed Raffles
  • Portal Plugin
  • Multiple prizes per raffle (1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, etc.)
  • Multiple participants per raffle (participants can buy more than one ticket per raffle to increase their odds)
  • Better Nexus integration: Admin will can choose a specific payment gateway on Raffles settings
  • Multiple purchases
  • Show/hide odds for member

Per Raffle/Giveaway Settings:
  • Title
  • Number of items to be raffled
  • Price (if enabled IP.Nexus/PayPal setting)
  • Allow multiple participations
  • Multiple prizes: title, upload field for image, image URL and description for each prize
  • Deadline: (date/hour) to raffle ends
  • Restrictions: number of participants, posts and number of reputation points/likes
  • Groups allowed to participate
  • Show this raffle in Announcements (global hook)
  • Show this raffle in Portal (Portal app required)

here to download this file

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool mod, been playing with it today!

One recommendation - when a Raffle is started, is there a way for the system to auto post the details within a specified section? With a link back to the raffle? (this would be very valuable)...similar to how it posts the results of the raffle.

Also, within the raffle details where you can freely input txt, it would be valuable if there were more options for display possibilities. Right now, I have a single line txt box to insert the details....if there was an area I could insert formatting to spruce up the messaging, that would be great.

Just some ideas :)

Very cool mod, been playing with it today! One recommendation - when a Raffle is started, is there a way for the system to auto post the details within a specified section? With a link back to the raffle? (this would be very valuable)...similar to how it posts the results of the raffle. Also, within the raffle details where you can freely input txt, it would be valuable if there were more options for display possibilities. Right now, I have a single line txt box to insert the details....if there was an area I could insert formatting to spruce up the messaging, that would be great. Just some ideas :)

Tks for the suggestions. ;)

Is there anyway that this can be used with reputation Such as, if someone has 300 rep points, can I have a raffle cost 5 rep points per raffle, or something like that? I think that would be another great system for raffles, and I would purchase such a system.

You saying switch 5 rep points for a participation on a raffle? Instead of paying, the "cost" would be reputation points?

It can be done, of course. The problem is if you or any other admin rebuilds user reputation on ACP. I mean, the user would have participated and still would have the same reputation points.

You saying switch 5 rep points for a participation on a raffle? Instead of paying, the "cost" would reputation points?

It can be done, of course. The problem is if you or any other admin rebuilds user reputation on ACP. I mean, the user would have participated and still would have the same reputation points.

Precisely what I meant. Not necessarily just 5, but x amount.

On my community at least, I've never rebuilt reputation, and don't imagine I ever will.

Is Nexus required for the raffle to work or can I use PayPal or my own shopping cart for a payment system?

Hey Brian, it uses a Nexus API, so when you click on green button, it goes to the Invoice screen. Give me more details (you can PM me) so I can try to make it compatible with Paypal directly.

You mean go directly to a screen like that ?

SOS-1351620199-U1.png

You mean go directly to a screen like that ?

SOS-1351620199-U1.png

yes, similar to that although I would prefer to create a raffle product with a price in paypal and then link to it with the green button so the raffle item is called immediately and the price is included.

I assume once the payment is made, then your app would record the member's raffle entry.

One other question: how does your app select the winner? Or does it?

yes, similar to that although I would prefer to create a raffle product with a price in paypal and then link to it with the green button so the raffle item is called immediately and the price is included.

I assume once the payment is made, then your app would record the member's raffle entry.

One other question: how does your app select the winner? Or does it?

The only problem is the payment in itself. You would need to mark it as paid on raffle app so the user can participate of the raffle.

The winners are picked randomly. You go to a scren on ACP and click on a button and it's done... a topic is created listing the winner(s).

Just bought this and it looks great! It would be a fantastic addition if you could set a limit per raffle for the number of entries. It is more likely people will purchase a $10 ticket for a $100 prize if only 20 tickets will be sold vs selling a unlimited amount until the raffle time expires.

Just bought this and it looks great! It would be a fantastic addition if you could set a limit per raffle for the number of entries. It is more likely people will purchase a $10 ticket for a $100 prize if only 20 tickets will be sold vs selling a unlimited amount until the raffle time expires.

Absolutely! What better way to motivate people to buy in quickly than to be able to advertise it's only for the first xxx people that sign up. That's a great idea..

Sure, can be implemented on new version! :smile:

Hi,

This is a great application and it works wonderfully. However, I am experiencing this weird issue with the participate button. Whenever I click it, the box containing the raffle details shrinks. Here is a video to help you better understand my problem: http://www.screenr.com/slT7 It persists across browsers and does not happen on the default IP.Board skin. I also had this problem when I used IP.Nexus.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Tom :)

can you tie this in with Economy so we can use points with it like to buy a ticket for the raffle also win points to just tie it in

also will this allow people to get a raffle ticket without paying real money thats why i say tie in the point system

Hi,

This is a great application and it works wonderfully. However, I am experiencing this weird issue with the participate button. Whenever I click it, the box containing the raffle details shrinks. Here is a video to help you better understand my problem: http://www.screenr.com/slT7]http://www.screenr.com/slT7 It persists across browsers and does not happen on the default IP.Board skin. I also had this problem when I used IP.Nexus.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Tom :)

Hi. The gray button appears only on 2 occasions: when you don't have permission to participate or when you already paid the raffle. In both cases, it redirects you to the raffle index page. I want to change this but that's the only way I found to use the gray color: having a link.

You need to allow your group to participate of that raffle. :)

can you tie this in with Economy so we can use points with it like to buy a ticket for the raffle also win points to just tie it in also will this allow people to get a raffle ticket without paying real money thats why i say tie in the point system

Hi there. Never used ibEconomy. I'll contact its author to see if it's feasible.

Some great ideas floating around, this mod is and will be incredibly useful for tons of forum owners.

I'm pumped to see the next version :) :)

I have it running on my forum now and in one day a % of my membership signed up...and it was only a "Test" - they know there's nothing to win on this first one.

Archived