Suggestion: "Copy" Function Across IP.Apps

Joel R

So many times when I was creating something -- whether it was a new board in IP.Board, a new album in IP.Gallery, a new category in IP.Downloads, a new page in IP.Content, a new article in IP.Content, a new database in IP.Content -- I really wished there was a "copy" function from an existing board / album / category / content element.

An example of what I'm referring to is the "Clone Categories" developed by Adriano Faria (). Before I saw this hook in the marketplace, I actually took five screenshots as a template for myself to follow when creating each new category since there were so many options when creating a category. Now, I can create a cloned category and modify its title / description in a couple of seconds without worrying if I set the right permissions as the other categories.

I really wish you would embed this "copy" function wherever it might be appropriate. It would save a lot of time for Administrators who need to efficiently create rich and deep ecosystems using your apps.

Sincerely,

Joel

For IP.Board... Such a feature exists already..

ACP > Forums > The drop down to the right of each forum there is an option to 'Duplicate'. Which would duplicate all settings and permissions.

Same with Member Groups..

When you create a new Member group you can base it off of a different group that would again copy all permissions from the source group to your newly created group.

I can't really speak to the other apps as I haven't used them a great deal... But some of what you're requesting exists.

ACP > Forums > The drop down to the right of each forum there is an option to 'Duplicate'. Which would duplicate all settings and permissions.

A nice improve here would be to copy moderators as well and most important: SUBFORUMS! Sometimes we had 5, 10 or maybe more subforums inside a forum and they are ignored...

Archived