Posting slow?

Hexsplosions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Still happening.

Now using IE9 (removed Windows 8 and went back to Windows 7) and when making a post using quick reply box the green ajax loading image still showing for quite a while ... then stops and my reply is still waiting to be posted but where the 'post' button should be there is only text saying 'saving post' and stays like that ... nothing happens, I have to refresh page and start again (which can be a pain if you had posted a long reply to someone as got to remember what you typed)

Also, if I click a topic post to read it, it takes ages to try and load so I stop it and try again and it loads almost instantly

ADDED:

Had to retype all this out again as wouldn't post

Seems might not happen if I do not use the quick reply box

This is the EXACT problem I am having on MY FORUM and the reason for me coming over here. After reading your post, and before replying, I went back and made eight or ten posts with Firefox with zero problems whatsoever, but IE9 still won't load replies or new topics except about 10% of the time. I have taught myself to pre-copy my posts so that I can paste them after I REFRESH the page, and then it will post.

I need to read further on this thread to see if there was a solution posted.

Test

Nope, no difference from here. Maybe it's fixed or it depends on your location.

How is this forum for you as far as speed goes? Also please tell us how your forums are performing as well.

As for me currently this forum is loading fine for me on Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m

• 1 year later...

I an new in IPB, recenlty migrated from SMF. All went good but now I've got some ajax response slow time. Interesting is that some users have the problem, some has not. On posting there are sometimes slow reaction from AJAX funcion, sometimes its good. On PM or status update - it's slow every time. 10-30 secs delay. ANy suggestion ?

I an new in IPB, recenlty migrated from SMF. All went good but now I've got some ajax response slow time. Interesting is that some users have the problem, some has not. On posting there are sometimes slow reaction from AJAX funcion, sometimes its good. On PM or status update - it's slow every time. 10-30 secs delay. ANy suggestion ?

I would encourage you to submit a ticket or post in the peer assistance forum. This is a feedback forum and this topic (IIRC at least) originally stemmed from our site being slow due to some miscellaneous changes a couple of years ago and isn't really related to any problems you would be facing on your own site now.

I don't notice it much but I think everyone should look at their connection speeds via their ISP. Don't just blame this on IPS, check your connection speeds, as it could be a number of things: also, try clearing your browser cache, your temporary internet files and close out your multiple tabs in your web browser.

75% of the time, I've found that having too many browser tabs open can slow down your website browsing.

I don't notice it much but I think everyone should look at their connection speeds via their ISP. Don't just blame this on IPS, check your connection speeds, as it could be a number of things: also, try clearing your browser cache, your temporary internet files and close out your multiple tabs in your web browser.

75% of the time, I've found that having too many browser tabs open can slow down your website browsing.

I do not blame. 2 days me and my friends (who are really good in IPB) are working on this problem. We checked a lot of possible issues and your suggestion is just ridicoulous :) Anyway I will post a ticket if do not get better today

• 2 weeks later...

And this is the problem for me and is literally getting me agitated.

Had the modem changed after a few arguments with TWC .

Teir 3 saw the problem at the modem but every damn tech that came out would test the cable Frustrating when they could not read their on notes.

Finally got the modem issue resolved but now I am on the phone after every auto upgrade they do...

The strangest is here with Invision timing out where I am fine on any other site.

Stranger yet... I can fix this short term by rebooting the modem.

Which again tells me it is not Invision but TWC

I wish I never left ATT Uverse but I can't afford the added charge game playing of late...

Archived