Posting slow?

Hexsplosions

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still happens for me using IE 10 (and when changing the browser mode to compatibility mode) and FF16.02

Also in IE10, seems to log me out sometimes after clicking the 'post' button and then gives me a message 'you must be loggied in to post a reply' (or words to that effect) so I then have to login again and re-post and then ok

Still happening.

Now using IE9 (removed Windows 8 and went back to Windows 7) and when making a post using quick reply box the green ajax loading image still showing for quite a while ... then stops and my reply is still waiting to be posted but where the 'post' button should be there is only text saying 'saving post' and stays like that ... nothing happens, I have to refresh page and start again (which can be a pain if you had posted a long reply to someone as got to remember what you typed)

Also, if I click a topic post to read it, it takes ages to try and load so I stop it and try again and it loads almost instantly

ADDED:

Had to retype all this out again as wouldn't post

Seems might not happen if I do not use the quick reply box

It's funny but it seems like there is more front-end load for us. Meaning that I have been working from a slow laptop and it was like it couldn't handle something about the site, something that hasn't happened before.

I was just trying to answer someone's question in a support thread since the developer blew him off but it took me an hour to finish a simple post (30 minutes just to get 5 pages on a support thread to load so I could read through it). However, I'm testing it now on a fast computer and there are no experiential problems. But going back to the slow laptop (which is doing fine on the rest of the internet) it is taking several minutes to load some pages here.

Edit@Stevo: I also momentarily had that problem where my post was rejected, but that problem has gone away now.

This should be resolved now. It wasn't a browser issue :smile:

Afraid not resolved for me ... even clicking the quote button to quote your post just keep showing the animated green ajax loading image so have to stop browser and click refresh and then click the quote button and page loads almost instantly

This is 2nd time tried to post this (first time tried in the quick reply box and just get the aanimated green ajax loading image so have now gone to the 'more options' to see if can post now

has been extremely slow for me all day today, with total hanging happening when I click on notifications. had to close the browser and reopen. very very frustrating

Yes it is to the point where I have to see what's new in my notifications, then type in the thread title + (ipb ips) into Google.

I have been using eblah forum and have been for over 5 years. I am new here and I am setting up a new IP board right now and possibly switching over soon.

My eblah cgi board with over 2500 members and thousands of posts & threads is still 5X faster than my new IP board that I am setting up with one member and a few posts.

The Speed of the board is probably my number one priority.... I really hope you get this problem solved

Archived