Request for Shoutbox and Links as IPS Extras

The Old Man

I would respectfully like to request that IPS step in and properly consider making Shoutbox and Links (or replacement alternatives) as official IPS Extras, so as to offer 2 staple community add-ons that Admins rely on, for the benefit of paying License owners that would offset development costs and be sustainable, and therefore ensuring compatibly with future versions of IP.Community/Board. Alternative if this cannot be done as IPS Extras, that they become official add-on apps permanently in the same manner as IP. Gallery, IP. Blog. Thank you.

Shoutbox may be a 'staple' for you, but it isn't for others. Personally, I hate the Shoutbox. I wouldn't even buy it if it was free. It takes away from members posting.

The Shoutbox went that route years ago, and has since been passed to community developers and replaced with IP.Chat. I don't see that decision being reversed...

Tracker is going through that process now. Only difference is that Tracker was replaced with default Database functionality that exists in one of their current addons, IP.Content.

:) As someone said they have IP.Chat so they will never pick up Shoutbox. As for Links, you can somewhat replicate it with IP.Content.

In the end neither of those would really be profitable so I doubt they'd go after it. In fact I anticipate the whole "IPS Extras" thing to be gone soon with the integration of IP.SEO into IP.Board. :)

Archived