Extended Permission 'Allow posters to view other member's topics'

Adriano Faria

%7Boption%7D

File Name: Extended Permission 'Allow posters to view other member's topics'

File Submitter: Adriano Faria

File Submitted: 23 Oct 2012

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.4.x

This hook will extend the permission 'Allow posters to view other member's topics'by allowing the user to view all topics created by the board staff (admins, moderators and forum moderators).

here to download this file

Adriano,

I had this hook installed on my board. However, after doing a lot of testing, members who have access to a forum where no one can see each other's posts, still cannot see the posts of the forum moderator.

I have checked everything, and can't figure it out. Permissions are set correctly for the member wanting to see the forum moderator's posts, but still cannot get past the topic list. When he clicks on the topic list to see a moderator's post, permission is denied.

Thoughts?

--Eddie.

Adriano,

I had this hook installed on my board. However, after doing a lot of testing, members who have access to a forum where no one can see each other's posts, still cannot see the posts of the forum moderator.

I have checked everything, and can't figure it out. Permissions are set correctly for the member wanting to see the forum moderator's posts, but still cannot get past the topic list. When he clicks on the topic list to see a moderator's post, permission is denied.

Thoughts?

--Eddie.

Fixed on Version 1.0.1.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adriano, just purchased this hook and it destroyed the pagination of all forums. For example you can have 10 pages thread and the newest posts will be shown as page 1 instead of page 10. Then when you click the buttons for next pages it will show the correct posts, but still page 1 will be highlighted. The button for last page doesn't seem to work.

Sorry if it is confusing, to say it simple the hook causes the pagination to break.

It must be the hook, because I haven't made other changes and when I removed it the problem dissapeared.

Hi Adriano, just purchased this hook and it destroyed the pagination of all forums. For example you can have 10 pages thread and the newest posts will be shown as page 1 instead of page 10. Then when you click the buttons for next pages it will show the correct posts, but still page 1 will be highlighted. The button for last page doesn't seem to work.

Sorry if it is confusing, to say it simple the hook causes the pagination to break.

It must be the hook, because I haven't made other changes and when I removed it the problem dissapeared.

Probably. It was made on 2012. Something must have changed.

Disable the hook. I'll take a look during the weekend to fix the issue.

It was pretty outdated. Last time it was updated was on 3.3.3! :o

What's New in Version 1.0.2:

• Update to IP.Board 3.4.X

Hey Adriano, sorry to bother you again, but it seems that it doesn't work as expected. When the hook is enabled it shows the topic list, but the topics themselves cannot be read, shows error.

Sorry, forgot that. Tested it again and it seems fine for me. I'm logged as user called Member, from members group and I see/read a topic created by a staff.

See the video: http://www.screencast.com/t/ZL7XPE3G

Uninstall your hook and install this version.

• 1 month later...

Archived