[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

@ all people that hesitates to accept the help Pete offers when he needs your log in details for it:

Pete is a really awesome, helpful and reliable guy!

He fixed my shoutbox so fast and smooth, and he is very professional about it.

I tried offering him some compensation for his work, but he didn't want any.

He doesn't only contribute with freeware that he's put in many long hours of work into

- he also puts in many hours of work in supporting us users as well!

Trust me, he is a good guy!

I'm very grateful Pete - thanks again! :smile:

//Diana

Hi Pete,

I've compared a few files and they appear to be the same, but I've not compared all files 1.4.1b2 vs 1.4.1 final. Is there any changes in 1.4.1 final that are not in beta 2 ?

Thanks

I believe was just few code changes but not 100% sure now as been some time between them.

ahh did not know that, thought it was still Aiwa with you helping.
good :smile:

Dmacelo I was helping with support for period but had to have the Shoutbox back and currently working on new update no real plans date as I keeping adding to my list what like to do with Shoutbox.

Dmacelo I was helping with support for period but had to have the Shoutbox back and currently working on new update no real plans date as I keeping adding to my list what like to do with Shoutbox.

Hey Pete,

I saw your post at invisionfocus and I've also noticed you have the tracker setup there for the shoutbox. Should I sign up there and post the bugs that I've found ?

I'm sure there is a lot of little bugs, but there is a couple more important bugs I'd like to see fixed as we (my team) can't seem to fix. One of which you know of already and maybe you know about the 2nd.

Bugs:

1. when a member shouts a really long word that extended past the shoutbox is gets all stuffed up (this you mentioned on invisionfocus)

2. links with spaces in them will be broken once shouted. Example: if you shout the link example.com/big%20image.jpg the link will appear like this in the shoutbox example.com/big image.jpg <-- the image.jpg is spaced away and thus the link now becomes broken ie not part of the link.

I recall reading a bug report on IPS about this exact bug maybe from previous version of IP.Board, but the fix didn't translate over to the shoutbox.

Let me know if I can start posting bugs under the tracker at invisionfocus.

Hey Pete,

I saw your post at invisionfocus and I've also noticed you have the tracker setup there for the shoutbox. Should I sign up there and post the bugs that I've found ?

Please sign up post any bugs in tracker lot easy follow.

I'm sure there is a lot of little bugs, but there is a couple more important bugs I'd like to see fixed as we (my team) can't seem to fix. One of which you know of already and maybe you know about the 2nd.

Bugs:

1. when a member shouts a really long word that extended past the shoutbox is gets all stuffed up (this you mentioned on invisionfocus)

Fixed 1.4.2 and there is on here the small fix but find it again.

2. links with spaces in them will be broken once shouted. Example: if you shout the link example.com/big%20image.jpg the link will appear like this in the shoutbox example.com/big image.jpg <-- the image.jpg is spaced away and thus the link now becomes broken ie not part of the link.

I recall reading a bug report on IPS about this exact bug maybe from previous version of IP.Board, but the fix didn't translate over to the shoutbox.

i look this now

Let me know if I can start posting bugs under the tracker at invisionfocus.

Issue one was posted here and responded to them via here with the fix but no idea where it is but here is how you fix it.

In ipshoutbox.css find .shoutbox_text and replace with

.shoutbox_text
{
word-wrap: break-word;
max-width: 700px !important;
display: block;
}

you might have change max-width: 700px !important; this to different width.

Hello Pete. I had posted this a while back and was wondering if anything like this was possible:

Anybody know of a way to get the "BBCode" button to be more functional...say bring up the "Special BBCode" popup that comes up when you are creating posts like this one and click that button. It would make posting bbcodes in shoutbox SO much easier that just a "How To" popup that comes up now. Thank you in advance for anybody who can help.

Thanks Pete I used similar code to fix under my custom skins.

Guys there was a beta mobile skin when ipbshoutbox was active, it may have been private that you'd have to ask Pete. It is possible to make it work but will require some tinkering / skin modification.

so... just to confirm, the shoutbox doesn't work with the default mobile theme? if its supposed to, it doesnt for me :sad:

I did have beta skin that did work for shoutbox but problem is if wanted it work for default mobile theme that IPS provide it will not be updated if IPS did any form updates as had loads changes to few template.

Thanks Pete I used similar code to fix under my custom skins.

Guys there was a beta mobile skin when ipbshoutbox was active, it may have been private that you'd have to ask Pete. It is possible to make it work but will require some tinkering / skin modification.

I am glad that all fixed

I may be wrong but as far as I know it has never worked on mobile as it was never built to.

Dmacleo there was beta skin like said to Nate TheGreat but problem is so many changes that would only be extra not part of ipb skin unless solve few problem.

Hello Pete. I had posted this a while back and was wondering if anything like this was possible:

Anybody know of a way to get the "BBCode" button to be more functional...say bring up the "Special BBCode" popup that comes up when you are creating posts like this one and click that button. It would make posting bbcodes in shoutbox SO much easier that just a "How To" popup that comes up now. Thank you in advance for anybody who can help.

I sorry forgot to reply on this taking like have BBCode button be dropdown menu and add the code within shoutbox unlike current system ?