Community

Pete T

[IF] IPB Shoutbox

set it (in global hook settings) to only show on index page

Could you possibly help me? Im new sorry.

Is it in System > Applications & Modules > Manage Hooks? Not sure what to do...

Never mind I found it THANKS!

Hi,

Interested in setting this up for my forums. I've uploaded the files as per the instructions. Then went to Admin CP > System > Manage Applications & Modules, clicked the install for the Shoutbox, it goes though a few steps then simply ends on blank page with no error.

Attempting to set this up on IPB 3.4.3.

Assuming I'm looking in the right area, a lot of this is way beyond me, according to the PHP Configuration in the cPanel it says....

Resource Limits 	memory_limit 	Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 	128M

These are options I can't change.

what may help is taking board offline, then trying to install. this may reduce resource usage just enough to get the install done.

Just tried that, no luck I'm afraid. Same result, just a blank screen.

Make sure you change the language you're using on the front end to your newly created language. Otherwise you're not going to see any changes.

Thanks for that Aiwa. It's all good! :)

then memory limit needs to be raised in php.ini

Just thought I'd add to this to again thank you for your help. Turns out it was an unrelated problem. I discovered another error_log file that I missed a few days earlier and discovered why the Shoutbox was not installing. For some unexplained reason the cache/skin_cache/masterMap.php file was missing. I restored that, ran the Shoutbox box install and it worked just fine.

Just thought I'd add to this to again thank you for your help. Turns out it was an unrelated problem. I discovered another error_log file that I missed a few days earlier and discovered why the Shoutbox was not installing. For some unexplained reason the cache/skin_cache/masterMap.php file was missing. I restored that, ran the Shoutbox box install and it worked just fine.

cool, had never seen that myself. thanks for follow up.

I want to display some custom code in shoutbox, but only near to moderator's name.

For example, the icon to moderate message is displayed only near to shoutbox moderators.

I've tried this code:

<if test="$this->registry->getClass('shoutboxLibrary')->moderator">&nbsp;TEST</if>

but 'TEST' is displayed near to all names if YOU are a moderator.

Any help please?