Community

[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

firstly set moderator permissions via the shoutbox settings, then you need to set user group permissions so they can use the shoutbox, then you can prune the shoutbox with the following code.

/prune 0

can put this can in the actual shoutbox text box where you submit a shout.

Used /prune 0, but it doesn't send the commands.

My shoutbox is getting weird... any user send shouts but get none back, and keeps on waiting for response.

I traced what happens and after i send the lastShoutID the method respons to me with a "nopermission", ergo, no shout is displayed, and everyone that wants to have the shouts displayed have to refresh/reload the page and to get new shouts, repeat the process. Is there any fix to this behavior?

My shoutbox is getting weird... any user send shouts but get none back, and keeps on waiting for response.

I traced what happens and after i send the lastShoutID the method respons to me with a "nopermission", ergo, no shout is displayed, and everyone that wants to have the shouts displayed have to refresh/reload the page and to get new shouts, repeat the process. Is there any fix to this behavior?

I remember that error from an old version. What version of IPB and Shoutbox are you using?

If upgrading from v1.4.1 Beta 1b to Shoutbox 1.4.1 do I have to manually remove the files before upgrading

Or can I just upload the new files and upgrade?

Thanks,

no should be able upgrade as the version id different so will know new version to upgrade but have any issue please reply here.

UPDATE:

I reinstaled the SB, set all the permissions. Still no one can post. I can't figure out what the problem is.

None of the buttons work. IE: shout, clear, refresh, smilies & my prefs

Did you recache your skins? Sometimes that works.

may need to do a rebuild master skin data first then recache. had that happen twice to me on someones site.

would also verify the js files actually uploaded correctly or you don't have a corrupt download.

UPDATE:

I reinstaled the SB, set all the permissions. Still no one can post. I can't figure out what the problem is.

None of the buttons work. IE: shout, clear, refresh, smilies & my prefs

Make sure upload every files sound like js issue causing problem this normal because files missing from upload file double check it and still problem directly PM me with admin username/password and i look into issue.