[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

Okay! Got it uploaded again and went to the link you gave me. Got it all installed. Nice.

I go to the next step in my admin cp where it says: "visit the Manage Applications & Modules page on the System tab of your Admin CP and click the link to Install or Upgrade this application". I do not find the application there. I do find the older version in the disabled.

There are 5 warnings in the enabled hooks!

Installed Hooks

Hook Author Last Updated WARNING Shoutbox: Javascript v1.4.0
This injects shoutbox JS as needed IPB Works Today, 09:31 AM WARNING Shoutbox: Online Tab v1.4.0
Shows a count of how many are online in the Shoutbox on the Shoutbox navigation tab IPB Works Today, 09:31 AM WARNING Shoutbox: VCard v1.4.0
Display shoutbox information on user's vcard IPB Works Today, 09:31 AM WARNING Shoutbox: Active Users v1.4.0
This adds a list of active users in the shoutbox on your board index IPB Works Today, 09:31 AM WARNING Shoutbox: Global v1.4.0
This adds a global shoutbox in your forum IPB Works Today, 09:31 AM

You have the shoutbox application disabled.

Enable it and those warnings go away.

Getting there! I see it in the bar on the index page. When I click on it, it does show the last shouts from an older version.

You are very patient!!!!! If I could, I would bake you a batch of cookies!

Okay.... how do I make it show up at the top of my forum, instead of needing to click a link?

I started over. Uninstalled the old version. I have uploaded everything. I go to the link you gave me earlier and it says: Cannot upgrade. Not installed. ~faints~ What am I doing wrong?

You cannot upgrade something if its not installed .. you have to install it ... from the ACP dashboard ... on the side panel .. find the "Applications & Modules" link and click it

post-127210-0-85513500-1382449159_thumb.

This is the application area..here you can install and uninstall applications .. you should do ALL your installing/uninstalling/upgrading of applications from this section.

on the right hand side you'll see "Applications Not Installed"

post-127210-0-08257200-1382449274_thumb.

find shoutbox and click install, following the steps

note:
if you upload files for an upgrade process, then goto the acp .. if your not immediatly redirected to the upgrade process, you most likely uploaded the files incorrectly. The only time a redirection does not happen, is if your already logged into the ACP before and files are uploaded. This is when viewing the applications area would show an "upgrade" button for the application you uploaded the files for, provided they are uploaded correctly.

post-127210-0-80071400-1382450528_thumb.

You cannot upgrade something if its not installed .. you have to install it ... from the ACP dashboard ... on the side panel .. find the "Applications & Modules" link and click it

attachicon.gifapp1.jpeg

This is the application area..here you can install and uninstall applications .. you should do ALL your installing/uninstalling/upgrading of applications from this section.

on the right hand side you'll see "Applications Not Installed"

attachicon.gifapp2.jpg

find shoutbox and click install, following the steps

note:
if you upload files for an upgrade process, then goto the acp .. if your not immediatly redirected to the upgrade process, you most likely uploaded the files incorrectly. The only time a redirection does not happen, is if your already logged into the ACP before and files are uploaded. This is when viewing the applications area would show an "upgrade" button for the application you uploaded the files for, provided they are uploaded correctly.

attachicon.gifapp3.jpeg

This absolutely helped me! I didn't realize I needed to look to the right on the one page to install! I am such a ditz! Thank you!

Not only is the shoutbox [still] not on the index page, without having to click on it from the bar, this is my message:

Congratulations, you have successfully installed Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Member Groups -> Manage Member Groups -> Edit a Group -> Shoutbox TAB

I have done what it says, but still nothing.

Not only is the shoutbox [still] not on the index page, without having to click on it from the bar, this is my message:

I have done what it says, but still nothing.

without seeing it first hand, I cannot do much more for you sadly .. if you want I can take a look with you via remote session .. if that works for you drop me a pm