[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

is someone going to pick this up cant leave a great mod like this unsupported its a must have most forums use a shoutbox

what will happen when IPB 4.0 comes out and no working shoutbox i wont be able to upgrade without it

An upgrade for 4.0 is planned.

The majority of the support questions in this topic are related to the admins failure to upload files properly, file permissions, and/or simple diagnostics (recaching skins, languages, content, etc) things that should be checked / done before asking for support.

Those questions have all been answered in this topic at some point or another.

I've left this topic open as a single place for all clients that use the Shoutbox to help one another. Should multiple clients be reporting the same bug, it will be addressed as time permits.

Hi at all,

im getting a error when opening my Site with the Shoutbox active via Iphone or android mobile skin active ...

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in/www/htdocs/xxxxx/xxxxx/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.phpon line 397
return $this->registry->output->getTemplate('shoutbox')->announcement( $global, $hide );

Turned of the Announcement but still same error!

How to fix plz

Many thanks in advance

The icon for opening the shoutbox as a popup is not showing up in a new skin I installed. I've tried putting popup.png into the skin's style_images/ subdirectory, but no luck. Any suggestions for how to get it to work?

I am getting this error..

Fatal error: Call to a member function announcement() on a non-object in /home3/ashleys/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 397

I recached my skins and still got the same problem, thanks!

I had a similar error to this yesterday setting up Content Spy. The advice given to me was to go to template tools under Look & Feel and then rebuild CSS, HTML, and in this case the "IPB Shoutbox" application. Then on that same page "Recache Skin Sets" at the top.

Hopefully that will fix it.

Where has the Theme 1 and Theme 2 options gone were the box to type in to shout in the shoutbox.

Where you could edit it from being from the side and being below the shoutbox.

ohter_apps_shoutbox_zps52382966.jpg

After upgrading, for it to go at the top of the index without pushing the sidebar down, I had to move it to the bottom of the forum and then back to the top.

I ended up keeping it at the bottom this time though. It can create a lot of clutter at the top, kind of making it hard to tell that it's even a forum.

I am just using 1.4.1. I am to much of a wus to try betas because I get tired of reverting my site for unstable apps. For example, your fatal error... and these lack of options?

I hope you backed up your root and database before installing this? Apps are really unfriendly when it comes to downgrading.

I am probably way off the mark here but I have a history of being burned by buggy shoutbox betas. Back when Jlogica made some broken update, my site kept crashing after trying to "recache all". It was a nasty database error which was deeper than uninstall/reinstall and took me a couple weeks of confusion and several steps back in my backups. Please go to cache management and "recache all" just to be safe and to see you don't have any database driver errors.

It's good to run that "recache all" test every once in a while to make sure that you aren't building your site on an unrecoverable database problem.