[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

if its doing this on the default theme .. then I suggest a uninstall and reinstall of at least the hooks .. otherwise it could be some sorta theme clash

Ah, I just realised that I had Display on 'Board Index Only'...duh lol. Thank you for making me see my mistake. Working now. :D

Hello :)

Does anybody know what the forum index page code would be to add to the Pages list so I can include that page like I have done for the arcade as above in my previous post. :)

I have tried:

/,

index.php,

index,

app=forums <-- This worked but showed in all forums which isn't what I want.

Hello :smile:

Does anybody know what the forum index page code would be to add to the Pages list so I can include that page like I have done for the arcade as above in my previous post. :smile:

I have tried:

/,

index.php,

index,

app=forums <-- This worked but showed in all forums which isn't what I want.

Try:

index.php?act=idx

or

/index.php?act=idx

it would be just

act=idx

without any index.php referrences

I tested it myself and works as intended .. recheck your settings ...

attachicon.gifinclude1.jpg

attachicon.gifinclude2.jpg

attachicon.gifinclude3.jpg

attachicon.gifinclude4.jpg

You can view the end result here.

Thanks so much for taking the time. :) I have made sure it was all set same as yours, it is but still does not show the SB on the board index. Strange that is. It does show on board index when you choose board index from the drop down but not in this instance for all pages.

Thanks so much for taking the time. :smile: I have made sure it was all set same as yours, it is but still does not show the SB on the board index. Strange that is. It does show on board index when you choose board index from the drop down but not in this instance for all pages.

If its working as you expected on my development site , but not your site, then I can only say it has to be due to other factors (ie theme clashes, other hooks, etc) .. I suggest testing it on an unmodified IPB theme .. and it it still is not working as intended, start disabling hooks to see if it reolves the issue .. last resort..you could always attempt a reinstall of the shoutbox itself.

I dont understand why when i installed the shoutbox it doesnt look good, theirs like a white border on every shout just makes it look distracting, i installed on zodians.com and just looks weird, doesnt look clean like other shoutbox, anyone know why?

I dont understand why when i installed the shoutbox it doesnt look good, theirs like a white border on every shout just makes it look distracting, i installed on zodians.com and just looks weird, doesnt look clean like other shoutbox, anyone know why?

Border

ACP - Look and Feel - Your skin - CSS - ipshoutbox.css

#shoutbox-shouts-table .row2 td {
border-bottom: 1px solid #d5dde5;
vertical-align:middle
}
#shoutbox-shouts-table {
border: 1px solid #d5dde5
}