[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

Not a problem. While I'm no expert at the coding for IPB, I have learned some tricks to get around certain errors. I always test out these ideas on a test board before I apply them to my live board. I'm glad the fix worked for you. I think what happens is that the mobile skin isnt compatible with the Shoutbox but for some reason when you install a mobile skin, the shoutbox stuff gets added to the skin install.

Always remember to make a backup of the skin template bit you are editing (copy and paste the template bit into notepad and then work with the edit). That way, if you run into an error, you can always restore the original template bit.

Hi,

can someone tell me if you had a similar problem with us about automatically import rss that come in the shoutbox!!!

our problem is that the URL that automatically appear in the shoutbox, come out like this

http://mydomain.eu/index.phptopic/blablablablablabla/?view=getlastpost

the problem is "index.phptopic"

It must have been to work properly the link like this

http://mydomain.eu/topic/blablablablablabla/?view=getlastpost

Note that this happens when the rss work automatically, for example if you run any rss by hand, the link work fine

have a similar problem someone from you!

We have ask help from the developer of the mod for some time, but without any substantial response

Thanks

I responded but unable see problem when viewed your site and fact from portal would mean its not correctly shoutbox issue !! secondly i just don't see need install app test problem that believe resolved on your own site !!

I responded but unable see problem when viewed your site and fact from portal would mean its not correctly shoutbox issue !! secondly i just don't see need install app test problem that believe resolved on your own site !!

Yes I understand what you say, but some idea of ​​what may happen!

but If not can you think of a solution that you are creator of this mod, then who!

If you want perhaps we can give you some access to our site for you take a better look about it

no Dmacleo, do not use some mod on rss, via official

acp> forums & RSS Management> import rss

we have add some rss import there, and topics that go in the forum and respectively to appear in the shoutbox created this problem

Also, as I said in my previous post here on topic, this problem arises when the rss is performed automatically by the system
if i try to manually run the rss url working fine on shoutbox

also never had a similar problem with older versions

so topics posted in a specific forum are getting entered into shoutbox?

wasn't that also another mod? not seeing any way in stock SB to do it.

iirc some had seen using the load SB from database (vs from cache) may affect stuff like this. may try swapping that to see.

so topics posted in a specific forum are getting entered into shoutbox?

Yes, specific forum

wasn't that also another mod? not seeing any way in stock SB to do it.

Basically a mod that can be said to be linked up to this issue is the "Shoutbox Topic Alert" might to be caused by this mod the problem

if running the task manually works while scheduled doesn't I'd make sure the old rss import bug from about 15 months ago (around v3.3.1 iirc) isn't back.

try using crons, if they work then its a scheduler issue not this app.

although since yet a third app is involved and this app is working as intended not sure how this dev can deal with that.

To re-iterate what the first post in this topic now states. The Shoutbox is now unsupported by the developer. This topic will remain open as a single point of community support. Should recurring issues arise, the file will be updated as time permits.

Edited by Aiwa

I don't see how anyone can whine because of what price they paid for this. Also, I still use my Paid version which for my own reasons I think is better.

whats the difference?

I paid when JLogica had it and have just updated as it came along, did not know was any differences.