[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Pete T

thanks for telling me where and how is it a board issue that shoutbox does not have the option to hide youtube video in their popup window of shoutbox?

Look & Feel -> Post Content -> BBCode Management -> Media I don't see a option to disable the video in shoutbox's popup window.

on this one you choose where you want to see it,

Where can the BBCode be used?

shoutbox shouts is one there, do not choose it.

then do a recache and poof good to go :)

this allows the media tag to work as needed elsewhere but stops it from working on shoutbox w/o having to ad extra code to shoutbox.

some people WANT the media tag to work in shoutbox.

on this one you choose where you want to see it,

Where can the BBCode be used?

shoutbox shouts is one there, do not choose it.

then do a recache and poof good to go smile.png

this allows the media tag to work as needed elsewhere but stops it from working on shoutbox w/o having to ad extra code to shoutbox.

some people WANT the media tag to work in shoutbox.

there should be a way to only disable it in the archive due to popup window being messed up and the new coder seems that they did not want to fix that.

you have a built in manner to fix this in 5 seconds making it work for you, or you can request the coder spend lot of time hacking around possibly messing it up for many.

why reinvent and break the wheel?

I don't mean to disable the video in all shoutbox windows because I'm talking about in archive window.

This snapshot I provided is the feature I was talking about since the coder did not want to fix of how it is displayed in that window.

post-13893-0-97575300-1351015014_thumb.p

ok I see what you mean, I apologize for misunderstanding.

perhaps a shoutbox setting specifically allowing EXCLUSION of media tag could be made.

and have choices of where to exclude, global hook, sidebar, archive.

could choose all to accomplish what editing the bbcode does, or choose just one to exclude from archive but still allow on glogal hook.

ok I see what you mean, I apologize for misunderstanding.

perhaps a shoutbox setting specifically allowing EXCLUSION of media tag could be made.

and have choices of where to exclude, global hook, sidebar, archive.

could choose all to accomplish what editing the bbcode does, or choose just one to exclude from archive but still allow on glogal hook.

its okay you had to go in long run to understand like I already have with IPS technicians for years on my server.

FURL Cache Out of Date:

The rule definitions for the Shoutbox application may be out of date

That is what I got in acp after installing, however, when I went to furltemplates..I didn't see anything that stood out to be updated or adjusted.

I think because of this, I am not noticing any of the new additions.

Does anyone have a reply on why I would get a FURL Cache out of date on this upgrade?

I noticed some folks were also having this issue on the free version.

I went into furltemplates to see what was up, but it appears that there is nothing having to do with furl in this application.

JLogica, if necessary, to see what it may be, you should have my acp/ftp credentials in my PM still.

Although, it may not be causing an issue, and if not, then not too big of a deal, especially if new versions will be released soon.

Can not shout in shoutbox when use pop-up window. New installation ( shoutbox 1.3.8 Beta 2) on my test site - board 3.3.4.

And same problem with "empty shoutbox table" tool - still stay number of shouts in admin cp - overview?

Some solution?