Community

Pete T

[IF] IPB Shoutbox

I've got a problem. So I successfully installed the IPB Shoutbox and configured all the member groups, but it's still showing this:

http://puu.sh/5dWBU

Any solutions?

I have IPB 3.4.5

firstly set moderator permissions via the shoutbox settings, then you need to set user group permissions so they can use the shoutbox, then you can prune the shoutbox with the following code.

/prune 0

can put this can in the actual shoutbox text box where you submit a shout.

What would be responsible for a lack of function in the shoutbox? I'm running 3.4.6 and the shoutbox is displaying, but when I click Shout, Clear, Refresh, My Prefs, Smilies or BBCode, nothing happens, the buttons don't function. When I hit enter it doesn't send the shout either?

What would be responsible for a lack of function in the shoutbox? I'm running 3.4.6 and the shoutbox is displaying, but when I click Shout, Clear, Refresh, My Prefs, Smilies or BBCode, nothing happens, the buttons don't function. When I hit enter it doesn't send the shout either?

Probably lack of settings and permissions... make sure everything is configured.

I have installed this shoutbox and I have this error in my ACP when trying to edit the shoutbox settings.

System Error
[#404] incorrect_furl

Go Back
Go to Dashboard
Go to Module Home

Anyone know what this is?

When I go....

ACP>Manage Hooks>Check for Updates button gives me following error:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM ibf_upgrade_history WHERE upgrade_app='shoutbox' ORDER BY upgrade_version_id DESC LIMIT 1

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

I actually opened a ticket this is the reply I've got:

Hello, this is due to the shoutbox app, they likely don't have this feature working. You can check with the author though. Since it's changed hands so many times, it's likely not working as you can see as this would call back to the parent server to check for updates.

Any fix for this?

I have installed this shoutbox and I have this error in my ACP when trying to edit the shoutbox settings.

System Error
[#404] incorrect_furl

Go Back
Go to Dashboard
Go to Module Home

Anyone know what this is?

Recach your FURL in admincp

did you do a re-cache all under cache management, I generally do furls, then global, then all when there?

really its only thing I can think of that would do that.

may try going to look and feel-template tools check everything and do master skin rebuild then re-cache skins.

Check your admin cp member restrictions. I'd bet your account doesn't have permissions to see the shoutbox.

It says.

"You can not add restrictions to your own account"

Also when editing member group permissions it doesen't show any writitng on the left just the options.

cebqCl0.png

Is there a mobile aspect of the shoutbox available? Many of our users don't use their computer throughout the day and the shoutbox is used to inform our user of updates and changes in the community.

I still can't get this application to work. The shoutbox appears just fine, but none of the buttons work...I click and nothing happens, it's like I'm clicking a box I've drawn in Microsoft Paint, there's no function to the buttons?

What file should I be looking at which handles the button function?

Hello,

Just installed and just what I needed. It does however look like it is having a bit of a conflict. I am fairly certain that the top slider that is on my theme is causing a conflict, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it. I looked at it on the other themes installed at my site, and it looks great.

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be tremendous help. I do not like the ip.chat so much, as I am not able to use it on any page like this mod. I am only familiar working with phpbb, so I am new to ip.board. Getting this built to switch my site over to it. :smile:

Here is the link to the Theme itself, along with an image of my site and the conflict that I am getting in code. Looks like it's an easy fix, but I have never worked with transparent imaging before. Thanks again!

Theme:

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/villain/

HDiTroi.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="HDiTroi.png">

I still can't get this application to work. The shoutbox appears just fine, but none of the buttons work...I click and nothing happens, it's like I'm clicking a box I've drawn in Microsoft Paint, there's no function to the buttons?

What file should I be looking at which handles the button function?

I will need root access to see problem so can be fixed so please provide url, username/password for admin that has full access

I'm still having the problem with the shoutbox. 1.4.1 version.

I will need root access to see problem so can be fixed so please provide url, username/password for admin that has full access

Hello,

Just installed and just what I needed. It does however look like it is having a bit of a conflict. I am fairly certain that the top slider that is on my theme is causing a conflict, and I am not sure how to go about fixing it. I looked at it on the other themes installed at my site, and it looks great.

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be tremendous help. I do not like the ip.chat so much, as I am not able to use it on any page like this mod. I am only familiar working with phpbb, so I am new to ip.board. Getting this built to switch my site over to it. :smile:

Here is the link to the Theme itself, along with an image of my site and the conflict that I am getting in code. Looks like it's an easy fix, but I have never worked with transparent imaging before. Thanks again!

Theme:

http://www.ipbforumskins.com/premade/villain/

HDiTroi.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' wid" alt="HDiTroi.png">

This could be way skin been design if speak skin owner see if had any issue with IP Shoutbox on this skin normal case adding simple css/html code to skin make fix.