Invision Community
Pete T

[IF] IPB Shoutbox

Can someone help me with my issue?

Apparently during an upgrade/installation the template bits where not installed. This is why your getting the error. So you'll have to use the tools to add these template bits.

In your ACP, goto Look & Feel > Template Tools.

Scroll down to Rebuild Master Skin Data and check Rebuild HTML (left side) and Shoutbox (right side) then click rebuild.

Recache the skins.

How did you get the input box and buttons under the chat? In options or template edit?

in the ACP .. Other Apps Tab .. find Shoutbox > Settings > Hook: Global Shoutbox .. here you'll find the setting Global Shoutbox Look (very first option actually) .. change it from theme 1 to theme 2 and save

I have the same problem as cofee_iv

The shoutbox does not appear on any of the pages and you have to click on the actual Shoutbox button to see it.

I have checked all the permissions and its all good.

When i click on 'My Prefs' it says 'Global shoutbox disabled'. I have now searched for hours for this on/off function but either its enabled or it does not exist.

post-188817-0-26250600-1382736500_thumb.

am I able to override the current files in my FTP to install this to the latest version or do I need to completely un-install and re-install?

yes..this is possible with any application from the market. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the marketplace policy states that all applications must be upgradable using the tools provided.

thanks..I just did it and it seemed to work. I just didn't want to have any issues if I did something wrong which is usually the way it goes for me..lol

That is why you should always backup your site before doing any upgrading. You never know when things can go haywire. Not to say you didn't..but many do not, which is not ideal.

Hey I'm just wondering, it would be a great feature, if you could add an edited bit in the shoutbox.

For instance if the shout was edited, it will show a pencil icon on either the far left or right side of that shout.

This feature could also be switched on or off via the admin cp.

Would be a nice feature, because when people post on my community board shoutbox I want people to know that that member has said something wrong, and therefor the shout has been edited by a member of staff.

Is this possible?

Not making it default for all members to see the shoutbox at top of index is cumbersome. I keep having to "bump" the topic where I have to tell them to turn it on. Would it be possible to integrate this into the shoutbox sometime?

I installed ShoutBox, then I recached my template to get rid of the error /home/XXXX/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/shoutbox/sources/classes/library.php on line 397

Now, other than making my forum slow, the only issue I get is a security vunerabilty from Sucuri Monitoring services. I have disabled the shoutbox and asking others before I re-enable, how did you get around that?

_Rich,

The upgrade routine is just telling you which version is next in the upgrade sequence. When you run the upgrade routine, it cycles through each version one by one until you get to the version of files you've uploaded.

To avoid confusion, I'm editing the submission to remove the 1.4.1 Beta and 1.4.0 files.