Links Directory [IP.Board 3.4]

Adriano Faria

I agree that one of the most difficult  things about using the Links Directory is the automatic thumbnail generation .... I've since given up using any automatic thumbnail service, and just take a screenshot for each website myself.  This way I can guarantee that the photo looks good and will be available.  

In any case, I hope to see this upgraded to 4.0!  It's a very useful mod.  Maybe ... custom thumbnails or cover photos for each category in Links 4??  :thumbsup:

I agree that one of the most difficult  things about using the Links Directory is the automatic thumbnail generation .... I've since given up using any automatic thumbnail service, and just take a screenshot for each website myself.  This way I can guarantee that the photo looks good and will be available.  

sounds good - but where i can upload a screenshot from a website inside the links-directory?

Hello Marcher,

I have some questions, because I'm trying to find the best solution for themselves. First I want to commend this mod because it looks fantastic.

1. Can you create multiple fields within each account - for example, address, hours, phone, email and more.

2. Is there a limit to the number of categories and can them to create subcategories?

3. Is it possible to filter to show only certain profiles?

4. Can any member of the forum to add new links, but is limited to some extent - for example to add only site? If you pay a fee, can also complete other fields and descriptions, and more.

Thanks in advance. These are my main questions at this stage.

Hello Marcher,

I have some questions, because I'm trying to find the best solution for themselves. First I want to commend this mod because it looks fantastic.

1. Can you create multiple fields within each account - for example, address, hours, phone, email and more.

2. Is there a limit to the number of categories and can them to create subcategories?

3. Is it possible to filter to show only certain profiles?

4. Can any member of the forum to add new links, but is limited to some extent - for example to add only site? If you pay a fee, can also complete other fields and descriptions, and more.

Thanks in advance. These are my main questions at this stage.

​1. No, however this is a feature that is being added in the rewrite for 4.0.

2. No limit, yes.

3. Can you elaborate? There are filters in the listing, and there is the 'affiliate' functionality to highlight admin-determined quality results.

4. No, however I like the idea and will see how feasible adding this for the 4.0 rewrite is.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Edited by Marcher Technologies

​1. No, however this is a feature that is being added in the rewrite for 4.0.

2. No limit, yes.

3. Can you elaborate? There are filters in the listing, and there is the 'affiliate' functionality to highlight admin-determined quality results.

4. No, however I like the idea and will see how feasible adding this for the 4.0 rewrite is.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

​Thank you Marcher.

• 2 weeks later...

​???

​My vast apologies, I completely missed the initial post.

If I understand correctly, simply go to the links system settings and choose upload as the thumbnail type.

Please also ensure the single category allows thumbnails in the per category option while editing it.

The ability to have multiple images on a given link will make an appearance again for the 4.0 release, as custom fields are much more robust and vastly easier to maintain.

So if I purchase this add-on and am using the Community in the Cloud (4.0?)... this will not work?

or is it just not supported?

​It should work, and is being supported. Let me know if you have any issues.

Draffi, I am working on an update to resolve this and a few other issues, however must ask for your continued patience, my work is on my desktop, which is having issues. This will be resolved by the end of this week, cpu fan needs replaced. XD

Draffi, I am working on an update to resolve this and a few other issues, however must ask for your continued patience, my work is on my desktop, which is having issues. This will be resolved by the end of this week, cpu fan needs replaced. XD

No prob at all. Was only wondering, why i see this on other page, but not in mine...

CPU-Fan? Oh take care and buy a good thermal-grease...

• 1 month later...

Hi, I can't figure out how to use tags - the column where I should enter tags is not shown until I click on "edit" the post. What I mean is:

1. I want to submit new link with tags - but I can't add them during first submission
  2. I can only add tags once I submit the link, then I have to edit the link and now I can add tags.

I tried to try all the possible settings but I can't figure out how it works.

Thanks for your support

.links.thumb.PNG.de37361c3d4ea35b9df761f8

• 3 weeks later...

First, thanks for the thumbnail help.

For whatever reason my link directory isn't displaying categories anymore. It's the current version, never messed with the show links listing in this category feature, tried to view it in my various themes, it's online, and the permissions are set correctly.