Links Directory [IP.Board 3.4]

Adriano Faria

When you have multiple categories defined is their any way to add a new link to specific multiple categories? For example, my categories include driveline parts, rubber parts and engine parts. When a new supplier (link) is added that supplies all three is their a way to add just one link but to the three selected categories?

When you have multiple categories defined is their any way to add a new link to specific multiple categories? For example, my categories include driveline parts, rubber parts and engine parts. When a new supplier (link) is added that supplies all three is their a way to add just one link but to the three selected categories?

Not at this time, though this is something I hope to implement in the next round of updates.

Due to plans to incorporate fields on a category-selection basis, the category options need flushed out first anyway, and there are some fairly complex situations to handle in regards to this specifically.

think its safe to say the pagination issue on my end was mod_pagespeed settings I had just added.

why? I don't know but will be looking LOL

however not a mod issue.

cool, thanks

I was about to add that to your tracker for reference, do you still want me too or would it confuse the issue now?

ok I have proven this was an nginx_pagespeed issue.I can duplicate at will.

not sure why but something in site location block causing this, just disabled pagespeed for now unti I see why but I wanted to make sure to post that my issue was not an app issue

odd.

deleted mod pagespeed.

rebuilt apache and set default settings

ran ccleaner on my end and still attempts to goto page 2 show the portal.

somehow its getting cached, the url shows page-2 as it should. display does not match page

no apc cache, no furls, no nothing except stock apache.

no expire times in htaccess either.

this is damned odd, cannot see why page is "sticking"

reinstalled 408 and I can swap pages ok.

one thing I noticed is some items I re-added regained their old tags.

when I uninstalled I also went through DB and removed any lingering links tables, only one left was links-tracker

so not sure if this tag issue may be playing a part.

am going to update to 409 now and if I have same issues disabled tagging on links.

where would I delete any existing links tags?

edit: I see core_tags listed under tag_meta_app

reinstalled 408 and I can swap pages ok.

one thing I noticed is some items I re-added regained their old tags.

when I uninstalled I also went through DB and removed any lingering links tables, only one left was links-tracker

so not sure if this tag issue may be playing a part.

am going to update to 409 now and if I have same issues disabled tagging on links.

where would I delete any existing links tags?

edit: I see core_tags listed under tag_meta_app

:mellow: Do not. Ever. Directly manipulate the database like that. Further, you are the only one to report this paging issue, and I have verified it is working as intended, it is you, Other purchasers would be outposting you here if the latest version's paging/filters were still an issue.

My support simply does not extend to you fiddling with the database manually, or non-standard server configurations/extensions.

yeah thats why I said it had to be something on my install only, and I could not figure out what.

was doing the manipulation (actually most of this) on test install first to see why tags were being added to new links on new install.

I caught an apache error (which I stupidly deleted) from tags which is why I was looking there.

the only thing I can think of is some corruption from a server move few months back.

on live site I did normal uninstall, (no db manipulate) installed 408 then 409 and so far its good.

ugh looked at this afternoon, no changes on my end, same issue. just apache, nothing else. no apc or anything.

rolled back to 408 and will let that run a day.

all this seems to have started when I upgraded server and it was swapped from cpanel to directadmin.

so will probably rebuild server this week as DA just causing me so many issues.

I upgraded to 4.0.9 from 4.0.8 and it upgraded without issue, but my settings screen is missing numerous entries under 'System Settings' by the looks of it. If have 'Links Directory Online', 'Top Submitters', Global Message', 'Linkback Code', 'Show Linkback Code', 'Mark PM as from the System', 'Send PMs From.

After watching the screencast at http://screencast.com/t/3zqgZbImbbKS

I'm missing 'Use Portal Index', 'Random Link' and 'Display Affiliates' in the 'Systems Settings' area, and I've installed this on two different computers. I tried uninstalling and re installing it but nothing gives.

I'm am sure it's been upgrade to 4.0.9, in the systems 'Applications & Modules' it says 'Links Directory v4.0.9 Final', and there are features available that are only in 4.0.9 such as the new thumbnail api options.

Any Ideas?

I upgraded to 4.0.9 from 4.0.8 and it upgraded without issue, but my settings screen is missing numerous entries under 'System Settings' by the looks of it. If have 'Links Directory Online', 'Top Submitters', Global Message', 'Linkback Code', 'Show Linkback Code', 'Mark PM as from the System', 'Send PMs From.

After watching the screencast at http://screencast.com/t/3zqgZbImbbKS

I'm missing 'Use Portal Index', 'Random Link' and 'Display Affiliates' in the 'Systems Settings' area, and I've installed this on two different computers. I tried uninstalling and re installing it but nothing gives.

I'm am sure it's been upgrade to 4.0.9, in the systems 'Applications & Modules' it says 'Links Directory v4.0.9 Final', and there are features available that are only in 4.0.9 such as the new thumbnail api options.

Any Ideas?

Those three options were intentionally removed, they are redundant as the entire links index is now made up of hooks, you would simply disable/enable/rearrange hooks as desired. This grants you far more flexibility than the system settings allowed, you have full control of placement as well as enabled status. This allows not only the categories index, or the portal index, but any variation of positions and data the stock hooks provided allow, granting the ability for you to tailor your index to your precise desire easily.

I apologize for any confusion in this matter, the handling of the index itself evolved as more was desired of it. This also opens a nice door for ease of developer customization(@see saferpak1's request, which is a paid custom now easily added via hook for example) and third-party additions to the index.

409 from 5-6 works good for me, 409final doesn't

so I don't know.

setup vps with apache 2.4.4 and php 5.4.16 and installed 409final and it worked.

then uninstalled and reinstalled 408 and imported the categories and links from a 408 database.

worked fine

upgraded to 409final and within hours same issue.

ip board and links were only apps installed.

so don't know, don't care. 5-6 version works well enough for me. at this point I no longer care.

edit: sql 5.6 too.

has to be something in my existing links database causing this.

this is NOT an actual fault of the app itself.

sql 5.6 too.

has to be something in my existing links database causing this.

this is NOT an actual fault of the app itself.

sql 5.5 good

sql 5.6 bad

made a mistake editing directadmin custombuild file and 5.6 got installed and won't roll back w/o issues so am stuck on it.

on vps started with 5.5 imported the 408 setup, all good, upgraded app to 409final ran it for 12 hrs or so, still good.

upgraded database to 5.6 and started showing the issues fairly soon after.

hate directadmin...

yup back on 5.5 on main site and life is good, everything works really well and the new designs add a lot of flexibility.

On the Global Message box (under settings) is it possible to make this one load the RTE so we can easily size/color the message?

I tried handcoding size/color but did not seem to work but I only spent a few moments on it so easily could have made an error.

Thanks Marcher for an excellent application :)

Couple of observations/suggestions - my apologies if these capabilities are in the application (still exploring and tweaking).

1) When adding a link, tags are requested, but there doesnt appear to be a sidebar hook for a tag cloud

2) is there a way to arrange links on the main page similar to how website showcase sites do it (e.g., http://thedesigninspiration.com/category/websites/)

Cheers

Gareth

Thanks Marcher for an excellent application :smile:

Couple of observations/suggestions - my apologies if these capabilities are in the application (still exploring and tweaking).

1) When adding a link, tags are requested, but there doesnt appear to be a sidebar hook for a tag cloud

2) is there a way to arrange links on the main page similar to how website showcase sites do it (e.g., http://thedesigninspiration.com/category/websites/)

Cheers

Gareth

The first is a perfectly reasonable request I can easily add to the application, and had meant to actually, it slipped my mind in the update.

The second, is possible(premade no less through the portal hooks), but unfortunately would be a customization.

The first is a perfectly reasonable request I can easily add to the application, and had meant to actually, it slipped my mind in the update.

The second, is possible(premade no less through the portal hooks), but unfortunately would be a customization.

Thank you. I've discovered all the hooks which will help me arrange content nicely. As for the tag cloud, I'll await the next update :)

Cheers

I'd definitely be interested in such a customisation and would be willing to pay for it. On the desktop, I think arranging thumbnails in a grid works really well.