Invision Community
Adriano Faria

Links Directory [IP.Board 3.4]

Admin Panel > System > Manage Apps & Modules > Manage Hooks.

Enable the 'Links Index' hooks you want displayed. That can commonly occur if all hooks are disabled for debug.

I am reworking this for the 4 version as it's a lot more flexible to avoid the 'blank page' effect that so causes confusion.

i know, 4.0 is out, but i dont want (and can`t) upgrade now..

follow to have this error, can anyone help, pls...? @Marcher Technologies ?

link_error.thumb.png.c05c2e57f9535fd8edb

​I just uploaded a changed file to correct this, but for those already hitting this issue, edit skin_links->linkView, and find:

<if test="allowComments:|:$this->settings[ 'l_allow_comments' ] == 1">
						<li><strong>{$this->lang->words['Comments']}</strong>{parse format_number="$link['link_comments']"}</li>
					</if>

make it this instead:

<if test="allowComments:|:$this->settings[ 'l_allow_comments' ] == 1">
						<li><strong>{$this->lang->words['f_by_comments']}</strong>{parse format_number="$link['link_comments']"}</li>
					</if>

seems I still am dealing with the language mess here, the rewrite for 4 is vastly needed for that reason alone.... there are dead(unused) language strings in this app.

Edited by Marcher Technologies

Is the latest version compatible with IP.Board 4.0.7? 

​Unfortunately, it is not. I am working on updating this application in my free time, but I must ask for your patience, custom jobs pay the bills so I can continue to provide premade modifications such as this one, thus such comes first. The 4.x-compatible application will be listed separately, when it is ready, and no sooner.

Unfortunately, it is not. I am working on updating this application in my free time, but I must ask for your patience, custom jobs pay the bills so I can continue to provide premade modifications such as this one, thus such comes first. The 4.x-compatible application will be listed separately, when it is ready, and no sooner.

Hi!

Any update concerning a release for IPS4?

Unfortunately, it is not. I am working on updating this application in my free time, but I must ask for your patience, custom jobs pay the bills so I can continue to provide premade modifications such as this one, thus such comes first. The 4.x-compatible application will be listed separately, when it is ready, and no sooner.

I would be willing to pitch in some $ if that helps. I am sure others would as well!

Cant wait for the release too ;)

I dont know how was the previous version but in terms of SEO, the best would be that the external links to the sites only show on sites pages, not directly on categorie to avoid having multiple external links on the same page which would be considered as farm links by google

Also does it show on users profiles ? to quickly see the list of sites of a certain user

tx ;)

It is progressing. No ETA though, I want to get everything polished and sane on the first go. :)

Still waiting on release. Once you release it I will purchase it. :thumbsup: The link system has served me well on my 3.4.8 site but wish to install on my other 4.0 site. :poke:

I do apologize for going dark on this topic... I have been trying to think of the best way to say this, but there is no good way TO say it, and I no longer care about how bad it looks on me, it already looks horrible as it is, so here goes.

This application has been in development hell for the last 6 months, with me trying to keep pace with IPS releases in between custom jobs. I am aiming for a 4.1 release, as it seems that 4.1 will be more stable in updates, but I can make no promises. I'm not going to try to convince anyone to not use pages, if it works for you, go for it, I can't ask you to wait for me to actually get everything working before there is another release breaking things.

Edited by Marcher Technologies