Invision Community
Adriano Faria

Links Directory [IP.Board 3.4]

When uploading linkback images - I also get the error

[#11L000] The file you selected is not an acceptable image. Please try again with an image having a valid extension: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff

I know this doesn't have to do with disk space. I have no other images within that function. I have the directory settings correct. And - everything seemed fine.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much...

Hello I followed the instructions for commenting out the member image/timestamp column.

Now how do I get a little spacing between the thumb and the link/title+description

http://www.ifsqn.com/forum/index.php/links/

and at the same time get a little right padding on the below on the lisitng and category views.

• 0 comments

Also how do I make the link title bigger and perhaps bold and remove (by Mr Smith)

My apologies, but unfortunately this reaches beyond the scope of my standard support for this product and goes into customization in full. You now clearly know what template to be editing, these sort of customizations are what the skin system is for.

When uploading linkback images - I also get the error

[#11L000] The file you selected is not an acceptable image. Please try again with an image having a valid extension: .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .tiff

I know this doesn't have to do with disk space. I have no other images within that function. I have the directory settings correct. And - everything seemed fine.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much...

Ok..... can you please send me a PM with access details? I have a hunch as to the issue but want to be certain. :smile:

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php on line 1508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /homexxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I upgrade this one today

Anny help on thes are welkom to me

Thanks

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php on line 1508

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /homexxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_links.php:1508) in /home/xxxxxxxx..nl/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141

I upgrade this one today

Anny help on thes are welkom to me

Thanks

Make sure to revert any changed skin bits - then rebuild Links System (HTML, CSS, Replacements).

Finally Rebuild All Skins.

Thats works ???

only the ipb banner to revert ???????

Thanks

Ummm..... that is not this application's domain. If this is happening on the latest IPB version I would suggest a ticket to support, as this would be fairly difficult to reproduce, and seems a regression of http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/easy-logo-lost-on-application-upgrade-r39307

Any idea on this one?

I would need to add the support, though this should be trivial to hook in globally, nobody ever wants that, they always want specific groups to be able to use HTML. ;)

What do you mean on this ??

Ummm..... that is not this application's domain.

Very simply, links does not have a custom header template, nor does it control the logo area. I mean that the easy logo changer logo changing on an upgrade to default is literally not within this applications control, hence the statement to submit a ticket for investigation of the issue.

While I still cannot reproduce this, for consistencies sake I will update the parsing calls to disable the legacy method's use on 3.4 - I am not certain that will resolve this issue, it is merely something I have been planning to do anyway.

Hi Just to confirm your change in 4.1.1. fixed this issue for me. Many thanks!

Just upgraded to 4.1.0 and found two issues, sometimes when adding new links the images just show as white (using Thumbshots) and also when editing an existing Link, the text gets lumped together in one block.

Missing image:

attachicon.gif11-08-2013 15-07-09.jpg

Hi,

I upgraded to 4.1.1 but I'm still getting this white image for my own website (the Thumbshot is the actual website that my IPB Community and Links are installed on).

There is no pop-up on my website that could be accounting for a white image.

I tried switching on the option to cache the Thumbnails but Links stopped displaying at all in my browser, I just get a completely white page. So I disabled the caching option and the Links app loads fine again.

I also noted that my Global Message is displaying twice for some reason when I look inside a Category, but onlly once when I link at the Links Index page.

Ayy help would be appreciated.

Hi,

I upgraded to 4.1.1 but I'm still getting this white image for my own website (the Thumbshot is the actual website that my IPB Community and Links are installed on).
There is no pop-up on my website that could be accounting for a white image.

I can look at this for you, but in the general sense this is something outside of my control, I do not generate that full white image, thumbshots is..... the site *is* guest-visible right?

I tried switching on the option to cache the Thumbnails but Links stopped displaying at all in my browser, I just get a completely white page. So I disabled the caching option and the Links app loads fine again.

This sounds like a php fatal error.... will investigate, odd however, I am using caching myself.

I also noted that my Global Message is displaying twice for some reason when I look inside a Category, but only once when I link at the Links Index page.
Any help would be appreciated.

This I can confirm as a bug, and have fixed locally.

Hello

I just started to run the installation from the ACP and this error shows

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /www/IPB/Admin/sources/classes/like/composite.php on line 575

Now i cant login to the ACP at all because it always tries to complete the installation leading to same error again

help please

I would need to add the support, though this should be trivial to hook in globally, nobody ever wants that, they always want specific groups to be able to use HTML. ;)

Hmm, I only have 1 group (Admin) that's allowed to create/add links... So that would be fine with me, for now. :D

I can look at this for you, but in the general sense this is something outside of my control, I do not generate that full white image, thumbshots is..... the site *is* guest-visible right?
This sounds like a php fatal error.... will investigate, odd however, I am using caching myself.
This I can confirm as a bug, and have fixed locally.

Hi thanks,

Its strange how that image is showing as white because I have other links to sections and pages of my website that are showing the correct thumbnail. Do you need me to send a PM for access?

Thanks for the checking the other issues!

I am also getting the same problem with uploading link back images:

System Error

Can you advise what needs to be done to fix this.

Three more problems besides the one above.

1. Sometimes I get the following message when adding links:

Unable to proceed because the link URL specified is not valid

But I have taken the link directly from an open website, such as: http://www.xtrememulticopters.co.za

2. After submitting a link, instead of remaining in the links directory, the app returns me to the forums. Not really an error I guess, but annoying all the same.

3. When adding a description, the default font size is very small, so I have to manually increase to font size 14 each time.

Hi, just a friendly reminder that I posted about this in your tracker a couple weeks ago: http://www.marchertech.com/board/tracker/issue-68-global-message-gets-double-posted-inside-categories/

If you would like to see a live instance of the global message bug, I am still displaying it on my site with the error: http://worldthought.com/links/category/2-philosophy-resources/

I just upgraded this to the newest version of Links Directory (v4.1.1) on IPB 3.4.5, and now the global message is bugged. When on any category page, it double-posts itself:

Input:

global_link_message_zpsbbb8cc80.jpg

Output:

" alt="b1fc9e38-5492-458e-8154-b3771faf31f7_zps">

b1fc9e38-5492-458e-8154-b3771faf31f7_zps

Also, I know this would be way above-and-beyond as far as support for this, but I am desperate to get rid of that solid white background, and have swapped out and tested every single #ffffff that I could find in my CSS files with no luck. I just want to change that solid white to something a little darker, but I can't isolate the CSS block controlling that. I am starting to think I need to change an FTP file.

This IPS block appears as the central wrapper on every page, not just for the Links Directory app:

" alt="uglyIPSblock_zpsc5f97930.jpg">

uglyIPSblock_zpsc5f97930.jpg' alt='' cla

Figured if anyone knew where to change that block color it would be you.

Anyone, comments on the iframe system? I was just experiencing the annoyance on Stumbleupon—regarding how they take away your potential backlink by iframing you. Then I realized that I was doing the same thing to everyone in my site directory, not even lending them any Page Rank. Using this default frame system also ruins any bookmarks your users attempt to make... I think that says enough. Would/do you use iframes for your links? And why?

Thanks.

PS. I disabled my global message because I don't want to showcase that bug anymore on how it double-posts itself, but I would be happy to lend you ACP/FTP access whenever you get the time if you wanted to check it out for yourself.

Apologies for the delay.

http://www.marchertech.com/board/tracker/issue-68-global-message-gets-double-posted-inside-categories/

That should now be fixed, simply re-upload.

Three more problems besides the one above.

1. Sometimes I get the following message when adding links:

Unable to proceed because the link URL specified is not valid

But I have taken the link directly from an open website, such as: http://www.xtrememulticopters.co.za

2. After submitting a link, instead of remaining in the links directory, the app returns me to the forums. Not really an error I guess, but annoying all the same.

3. When adding a description, the default font size is very small, so I have to manually increase to font size 14 each time.

1/2: please provide details to investigate this with.
3: I will see how this can be helped, I assume you mean the default styling on save, not the editor font size default?