License expired, how to download old version I paid for?

surinp3

Looking through my computer for an application I bought a while ago, but cannot find it.

I then go to the Marketplace, to download the file I once paid for I see it has been renewed. A newer version is available. OK.

But I don´t want the new version, I want the file I paid for.

The download link is there in the Marketplace, but I still have to renew the whole license to be able to get the old version, it seems.

Should I not be able to download the file I once paid for without having to renew my license?

Can't. You need to renew your license. Once your license expires, you lost all support, including the ability to download any previous versions of the software you have pruchased the license to in the past. In order to download the older versions, you need to renew your license. This also includes access to the Marketplace.

Can't. You need to renew your license. Once your license expires, you lost all support, including the ability to download any previous versions of the software you have pruchased the license to in the past. In order to download the older versions, you need to renew your license. This also includes access to the Marketplace.

What I am talking about is the license for the file itself. The file in the Marketplace. The application.

Not the license for IP Board.

So what you are saying is, when I purchase an app from the Marketplace, (whlie having an active IP Board license and has nothing to do with my problem now) I only have 6 month to download the file.

And I wont be able to download the same version again even if the app is not updated, if I am too slow, my HDD brakes or something similar.

In my example I would need to download the Classifieds app again, due to some wrongful edits.

Version 1.2.1, which is the file I purchased and is the newest.

I will have to buy the same version again... Correct?

The way it works? You can;t gain access to download from Marketpplace unless you have a license for the IPS product that you;re downloading. In order to download from the section of IP.Board, IP.Blog, IP.Content, etc in the marketplace, you need a current valid license to the product which you're downloading within the Marketplace. Access to the Marketplace isn't free. If you have a license to IPB and it's currently active, then you get access to IPS support and the marketplace for that product. When your license expires, so does yoour access to download content from the marketplace.

It's just the way that IPS has it set up.

The way it works? You can;t gain access to download from Marketpplace unless you have a license for the IPS product that you;re downloading. In order to download from the section of IP.Board, IP.Blog, IP.Content, etc in the marketplace, you need a current valid license to the product which you're downloading within the Marketplace. Access to the Marketplace isn't free. If you have a license to IPB and it's currently active, then you get access to IPS support and the marketplace for that product. When your license expires, so does yoour access to download content from the marketplace.

That's incorrect.

What surinp3 is taking about is that certain files in the Marketplace are paid and have renewal terms. Those that do require the renewal for them to be paid in order to download any version - you cannot download the version that was up at the time your license expired.

I would recommend, as has been suggested, contacting the author of the modification in question to see if they'll help you out.

That's incorrect.

What surinp3 is taking about is that certain files in the Marketplace are paid and have renewal terms. Those that do require the renewal for them to be paid in order to download any version - you cannot download the version that was up at the time your license expired.
I would recommend, as has been suggested, contacting the author of the modification in question to see if they'll help you out.

Problem now sorted.

--------------------------------------

You are (slightly) missing my point.

I have all active licenses for all the IP products I use.

IP Board, Gallery, Content, Nexus and so on. No worries there.

What I am talking about are applications and hooks, downloaded from the Marketplace.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/

I now understand that some files/apps/hooks can only be downloaded during the time set by the author of an app or hook and when that time expires, you can no longer download the same file again unless you purchase a renewal of the product.

I suppose it is easier that way, than to separate the download itself from the support you get.

But like I said, problem solved... :)

For the record - we updated our marketplace several months ago, and clients with expired licenses can download from our marketplace now. As Mark pointed out, the OP was talking about a file in our marketplace that has a renewal price, and those files become inaccessible if you do not renew them.

Brandon, I wasn;t aware pof the update. Being that as I have been a client since 2005, Marketplace was always set up where if you had purchased a license for a particular IPS product, then you could only access that part of marketplace in order to download. I wasn;t aware that the Marketplace had been updated to remove that restriction. Thast was what I was judging my response on.

I do know that if you had purchased a "paid" Marketplace download, then you always had access to that download. But, if it were upgraded with a new version, that you would need to renew before you could download. Similar to how your Client Account works. If you license expires, you don't get access ot prior versions of an IPS product unless you renew your license for that product.

Yes, we've opened up the marketplace so that clients whose licenses are expired can still access it. This benefits developers (they may have no need for the latest update or for technical support, and it opens the market up to more users for their paid resources) and users (in that they can still get access to resources without having to keep their license current).

Archived