Message Counter

Tucker_v933

Anyone have any ideas about making the missed message counter at the top of the Chat page tab update more accurately. It often has quite a latency when it comes to updating or clearing.

I know it shouldn't be too hard to do because other sites and services has the same feature more effectively. Also when you're in a private chat, the software accurately keeps track of missed messages just fine for rooms you aren't in when listing the value next to the room names.

TL:DR: The missed message counter at the top of page tabs sucks and doesn't update within any reasonable amount of time which often confuses members. Can this be easily fixed on my end?

I've not experienced this issue before. Are you talking about the counter in the browser tab (i.e. if you go to another page in another tab)? If so, as soon as a message downloads, javascript is used to update the page title. I can't imagine how there would be any latency at all, except for latency caused by the user's computer.

I've not experienced this issue before. Are you talking about the counter in the browser tab (i.e. if you go to another page in another tab)? If so, as soon as a message downloads, javascript is used to update the page title. I can't imagine how there would be any latency at all, except for latency caused by the user's computer.

That's exactly what I'm referring to. It updates fine as long as you're away from the tab, but when you visit the tab and carry on with the conversation, it can take several minutes before the count actually disappears/resets.

Archived