Notifications for comments on members' content

benfromaix

Hello Team,

Is it possible to have a new setting for users : "Get notifications for comments on my content" ?

By now, members are notified of comments on content they actually follow, but it would be useful to have this setting, in order for members to be automatically notified of comments on their own content.

Thanks in advance.

What we are instead working towards is allowing users to, by default, follow content they post. That way they can still opt out, but by default if they post something new they are automatically following it. This has already been applied to many areas of the suite and we will continue applying it to others.

What we are instead working towards is allowing users to, by default, follow content they post. That way they can still opt out, but by default if they post something new they are automatically following it. This has already been applied to many areas of the suite and we will continue applying it to others.

Is there going to be a setting in the user control panel that disables this behavior? It would seem pretty annoying to have to unfollow content all the time.

Is there going to be a setting in the user control panel that disables this behavior? It would seem pretty annoying to have to unfollow content all the time.

All it is, is a checkbox on the submission form that says "Follow?". You would simply uncheck the box when posting the content initially.

Probably what we will do is separate the existing option for automatically following topics you start or reply to so that it applies suite wide when we reach the Suite 4.0, however we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here.

All it is, is a checkbox on the submission form that says "Follow?". You would simply uncheck the box when posting the content initially.

Probably what we will do is separate the existing option for automatically following topics you start or reply to so that it applies suite wide when we reach the Suite 4.0, however we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here.

Would I have to uncheck the box every time if I never wanted to follow content though or is the setting saved in the database?

Would I have to uncheck the box every time if I never wanted to follow content though or is the setting saved in the database?

Archived