3.4.0 beta?

Breadfan

Doesn't sound like something a high quality product would endorse.

Hell, as long as it works and doesn't destroy everything whenever I switch back and forth I'm honestly happy with it.

But, hey, all the more reason to support my suggestion either way! I'll shut up now.

Hell, as long as it works and doesn't destroy everything whenever I switch back and forth I'm honestly happy with it.

But, hey, all the more reason to support my suggestion either way! I'll shut up now.

Adding an enter after the quote is no problem. Adding two enters inside a quote is the problem.

Out of curiousity....

Don't be curious
Why would you be adding multiple line breaks within a quote? Is it still a quote if you do that, since you are now modifying what is being quoted?

I hate it but sometimes people like to reply to people's posts by breaking it down sentence by sentence and doing this.

You probably don't need to answer that. Consider it a rhetorical question.
It really wasn't that rhetorical...

Enter works inside (and outside) quotes. :unsure:

Out of curiousity....

Why would you be adding multiple line breaks within a quote? Is it still a quote if you do that, since you are now modifying what is being quoted?

You probably don't need to answer that. Consider it a rhetorical question.

ignore me, it works fine, one enter adds 1 new line, shift+enter adds more, a second enter brings you out of the quote area, works for me happily.

They did - no matter which way we do this, someone feels it's "wrong". Either "the software should not be adding extra line breaks on its own" or "the software should throw an extra line break after quote boxes since everyone types them manually anyways". No matter which way we go here, it's always brought up by the other camp.

Well you should go with what "you" guys think is best for the software if you are in a deadlock like that.

whoah, just saw one of the new 3.4 alpha features and it is kind of like 'Alphas' .... special power and abilities! I clicked quote on another topic and suddenly the text was beautifully boxed in the reply box before hitting 'post.'

Like this? smile.png

2012-10-12_21h28_40.png

I hope that there are plans to include the option to enable or disable the registration option "choose username" and "choose forum display name". Still don't know why this is acknowledged in the ACP side of IPB but that the registration process doesn't address it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived