Company Feedback: Suggestion to improve structure on this board

TSP

I have some suggestions that I think would improve the forum structure.

IPS Client Services -> Feedback ( http://community.inv...m/297-feedback/ )

• Make a new forum named "Invision Power Apps - General Feedback" (/Core/Shared) (Positioned at top)
  • Make a new forum named "Company Feedback" (Positioned at second place)
  • Position other sub-forums on alphabet, except the documentation-forum, which can be placed at bottom
  • Move general feedback topics into their new appropiate sub-forum
  • Change the "root"-forum to behave like a category (no topics in it)

The reason for this is that I think the topics in the root forum are pushed way too far down because of the amount of sub-forums in the list. In my opinion it's then better to have it as it's own forum rather than have us have to scroll all the way down. There is also some times I've looked for the general feedback forum or simply posted it in the forum IP.Board because I've forgotten about the fact that you can post in the "root".

My thinking behind the forum for Company Feedback was that this could be a place to post "praise"-topics that lacks any clear constructive feedback on how the services can be improved. This would also be the place to post feedback regarding ticket response times etc.

IPS Client Services -> IP.Board Technical Support and IP.Board Applications Support
  • Reorder the Applications Support subforums on alphabet
  • Make a new forum "General support" positioned at top
  • Move IP.Board Tecnical Support to be a sub forum under IP.Board Applications Support
  • Rename IP.Board Applications Support to "IPS Applications Support" or similar

I've never quite understood why IPB have had a forum on it's own, separated from the other applications.

Community Resources -> Product Modifications [*]Make a shortcut forum to the marketplace instead of linking to it in the forum rules section (a link that doesnt work btw) [*]Be more clear on the distinction between subforums "Modification Development" and "IP.Board" [*]Rename IP.Board to something like "Help with creating modifications" (Better forum name suggestions anyone?) [*]Make a new forum "IP.Board" under "Help with creating modifications" [*]Make a new forum "General help" under "Help with creating modifications" As is, it seems very random where topics are posted... And I've been confused many times myself. I feel that there is no clear rule for which forum you're supposed to post in. Let's say I want to create an application but I want some assistance to get going, where do I post my questions? I could post it in the Modification Development forum, but in my eyes that should be more focused on providing feedback on near ended projects, getting beta testers etc. Topics on getting help on how to actually create it, how to use IPS static classes etc. doesn't fit in this forum in my opinion. I could post it in "IP.Board", but that feels really wrong because of the title of the forum... There could be that you wanted help to create more cross-plattform applications or hooks. Sometimes I've also ended up posting questions like that in IP.Board Technical Support... So yeah, really confusing in my eyes. (edit: never use rte to edit lists * sigh*) edit2: Could you have moved links on this board expire after x days? (3?) It's annoying to see a lot of them here for example: http://community.invisionpower.com/forum/477-community-administration-tips/
  1. [*]Shorten down on the notice / forum rule @ top. Should be max 2-3 lines, link to article if more is needed

• 1 month later...

No, it is the company feedback forum. The subforums in it are for feedback of their specific products.

Right. I've always kind of viewed it as the general feedback forum if some suggestions aren't tied to one specific app, but rather all or multiple apps in general.

One of the reasons I want this tidied up, I guess.. I've reported the post to have a moderator move it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

I have some suggestions that I think would improve the forum structure.

IPS Client Services -> Feedback ( http://community.inv...m/297-feedback/ )

• Make a new forum named "Invision Power Apps - General Feedback" (/Core/Shared) (Positioned at top)
  • Make a new forum named "Company Feedback" (Positioned at second place)
  • Position other sub-forums on alphabet, except the documentation-forum, which can be placed at bottom
  • Move general feedback topics into their new appropiate sub-forum
  • Change the "root"-forum to behave like a category (no topics in it)

The reason for this is that I think the topics in the root forum are pushed way too far down because of the amount of sub-forums in the list. In my opinion it's then better to have it as it's own forum rather than have us have to scroll all the way down. There is also some times I've looked for the general feedback forum or simply posted it in the forum IP.Board because I've forgotten about the fact that you can post in the "root".

My thinking behind the forum for Company Feedback was that this could be a place to post "praise"-topics that lacks any clear constructive feedback on how the services can be improved. This would also be the place to post feedback regarding ticket response times etc.

IPS Client Services -> IP.Board Technical Support and IP.Board Applications Support

• Reorder the Applications Support subforums on alphabet
  • Make a new forum "General support" positioned at top
  • Move IP.Board Tecnical Support to be a sub forum under IP.Board Applications Support
  • Rename IP.Board Applications Support to "IPS Applications Support" or similar

I've never quite understood why IPB have had a forum on it's own, separated from the other applications.

Community Resources -> Product Modifications

• Shorten down on the notice / forum rule @ top. Should be max 2-3 lines, link to article if more is needed
  • Make a shortcut forum to the marketplace instead of linking to it in the forum rules section (a link that doesnt work btw)
  • Be more clear on the distinction between subforums "Modification Development" and "IP.Board"
  • Rename IP.Board to something like "Help with creating modifications" (Better forum name suggestions anyone?)
  • Make a new forum "IP.Board" under "Help with creating modifications"
  • Make a new forum "General help" under "Help with creating modifications"

As is, it seems very random where topics are posted... And I've been confused many times myself. I feel that there is no clear rule for which forum you're supposed to post in. Let's say I want to create an application but I want some assistance to get going, where do I post my questions?

I could post it in the Modification Development forum, but in my eyes that should be more focused on providing feedback on near ended projects, getting beta testers etc. Topics on getting help on how to actually create it, how to use IPS static classes etc. doesn't fit in this forum in my opinion.

I could post it in "IP.Board", but that feels really wrong because of the title of the forum... There could be that you wanted help to create more cross-plattform applications or hooks. Sometimes I've also ended up posting questions like that in IP.Board Technical Support... So yeah, really confusing in my eyes.

(edit: never use rte to edit lists * sigh*)

edit2: Could you have moved links on this board expire after x days? (3?) It's annoying to see a lot of them here for example:

http://community.invisionpower.com/forum/477-community-administration-tips/

Done.

Done.

Just did a quick look at the changes and it's looking good! Thank you.

Although I guess some would prefer the package feedback (IP.Board, IP.Content forums etc.) to be available to click from the board index as listed as a subforum instead of the extra click now.

But personally I don't have a problem with it. :)

• Management

Just did a quick look at the changes and it's looking good! Thank you.

Although I guess some would prefer the package feedback (IP.Board, IP.Content forums etc.) to be available to click from the board index as listed as a subforum instead of the extra click now.

But personally I don't have a problem with it. :smile:

I think it looks cleaner this way personally :)

You click into product feedback then decide what product.

Now it takes two clicks to get to the IP.Board feedback. -_-; Other than that it's good.

Was I the only one that used the dropdown menu? Now there's no quick link to documentation, and I don't even know where to find community articles.

Was I the only one that used the dropdown menu? Now there's no quick link to documentation, and I don't even know where to find community articles.

If you click IPS Client Resources - View All Guides (button) you will arrive at the documentation. It takes some extra clicks, but it is still there.

EDIT: "Community Articles" are in the sidebar to your left once you are past the button.

• Management

I take this change as IPS no longer wanting feedback.

Can you explain why you say that?

These changes were made based on this very feedback topic in fact.

We haven't removed feedback areas we just moved them around.

It would be very helpful if you could explain why you would make such a negative statement.

• Management

More clicks to get to feedback.

Sub-forums no longer displayed on index.

Areas of interest hidden in other forums.

Forums are in ABC order instead of based on either number of replies or customers.

No want.

So that all led you to believe we are "no longer wanting feedback" ? I am just surprised you would say such a thing. It seems like a bit of an overreaction :smile:

I'm not sure what you mean by "areas of interest" but I would argue alphabetical order is a logical way to order, well, anything.

Actually I could just go with: blame TSP :lol:

This is one of those things where I'm inclined to complain about every little thing that was changed that I used right now and then 2 weeks from now I'm going to get used to it and completely forget.

So lets just skip step one this time around, shall we?

Alternatively, a link to the documentation in the navbar would be great.

Actually I could just go with: blame TSP :lol:

Haha sure, I'm used to seeing some complaints every time we change the structure or just rename some forums ourselves. ;)

We may create topics announcing changes many weeks in advance with little feedback on the ideas, and then when something do change they gather around.

Archived