Marketplace App quality and support

dogpatch

I have noticed that many of the apps I have purchased lately from the marketplace dont work as described. They are not kept up to date, are missing features and files and the support is lack luster at best, if you can even get anybody to reply. I have realized that it might cost more to do it yourself, but at least youll know its going to work. I will not be buying anything from the mafrketplace on this site ever again. Im done with bad coders and cheap products.

I would make sure IPS the and developer know. I am sure IPS will look into it.

I have been burnt a couple of times but since then I take a good look at support threads and activity some of the devs are superb.

Also I never buy anything that is new or from a new dev I give it time to see how it beds in, not just the mod but the dev

I have bought quite a few mods/addons and have been happy with the result everytime... before I ever buy anything i always check out the support topics and the forums for any input on the matter... Anytime you are spending money you should always check it all out first, Im curious, which did you not get any support from ??? but i hope you feel better now and not write off the whole marketplace because of a few bad experiences... I must say in the last year I have bought/installed over 50 mods and have only had one that didnt have any support(but i knew it when i got it as it hadnt been updated in a few years), so in my eyes this is a great place to grab stuff from...

The Marketplace Moderators review every submission to ensure that it installs and doesn't cause database errors, however there's nothing IPS can do to force a Developer to support their applications.

IPS does however remove applications which are unsupported, and every application which is reported as broken is reviewed by the Marketplace Moderators.

Even free ones?

Yes. If it's broken and unsupported for the versions the submission was designed for, it will be removed. Free or Paid...

If you are having issues with broken and unsupported files, you need to report them broken so us MP Mods can look into it. We are unable to see your frustration unless we are informed.

Bugs aren't fixed. Apps arent supported. The marketplace is a joke. Straight up.

Here is how the marketplace actually works: I make a crappy app, I charge $10 for it, you buy it, then I dont support it nor will I fix it and by the time anybody has noticed Ive already made a few grand. Repeat.

Im so over it. A few bad apples have ruined it for the rest of you. Im sure some of you support your apps and are decent coders, but the majority suck and its really too bad. because it hurts IPBoards reputation when you dont support your products or update them.

Again, if the MP Mods aren't informed of these issues, we are unable to investigate. All mods are function tested by one of us prior to it being released.

It's unfair to paint all 3rd party contributors here with the same brush.

Bugs aren't fixed. Apps arent supported. The marketplace is a joke. Straight up.

Here is how the marketplace actually works: I make a crappy app, I charge $10 for it, you buy it, then I dont support it nor will I fix it and by the time anybody has noticed Ive already made a few grand. Repeat.

Im so over it. A few bad apples have ruined it for the rest of you. Im sure some of you support your apps and are decent coders, but the majority suck and its really too bad. because it hurts IPBoards reputation when you dont support your products or update them.

Apparently im a sucker for crappy apps then :smile: !!!!!! I LOVE CRAPPY APPS THAT WORK GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!! I just dont get the point you are trying to make... straight up call out some examples because without that to back your complaint your words are useless and will go on deaf ears. Wouldnt it be nice to not see others get screwed if there really is a problem and get it taken care, I have a feeling this is more about just wanting to complain about not getting help within 5 minutes of posting a problem !!! Everyone has been in a rut and had to wait to get something solved and actually most of the time I get answers way before i expect to and am contiunally surprised by the amount of support and pride coders show for their apps !! I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE HERE WHO HAS HELPED OUT OTHER MEMBERS AND LOOK FORWARD TO TURNING TO THE MARKETPLACE AND FORUMS TO GET THE HELP AND ADVICE I NEED ..THANX GUYS !!!!!

I think im getting more invested in this conversation than I need to and i appoligize if I am rambling but somethings just arent true and need to be called out as BS.

Please do not call out coders publicly. Any issues between a client and a 3rd party developer is between them and the MP Mods if we need to get involved.

You are encouraged to contact the MP Mods if you are having issues with a broken mod or an author that is not supporting a mod.

Thank you for your feedback, as always if there is an issue with a mod or the support of it, bring it to the marketplace mods attention. If you are not getting the results you are expecting you can also start a ticket in accounts and management will look into any issues further.

Thank you

Archived