Question about 3.4

Rod.

I'm one of the first customers of IPB, and love the software. However, it's becoming increasing important that people can find my forum. With over 1 million posts, I used to consistently rank within the top 3 on google for almost all of my topics - up until 2008. I'm not sure what happened, however my rankings have gone down the toilet over the past 2 years.

I can only attribute this to how IPB creates meta tags, title, etc. My content is excellent, compared to those ranking above me. I really do like IPB, and I look forward to 3.4 My biggest concern is, will we be able to modify the title format?

For instance, let's say this threads name is "Question about 3.4". Today, IPB will output this in the title as "Question about 3.4 - Pre-Sales Questions - Invision Power Board".

Believe it or not, this format hinders SEO in a negative way. There are too many other "keywords" in the title, which causes the main topics "Question about 3.4" to lose it's "juice" if you will.

Is this something we will be able to tailor? I don't want my forum name or site name to appear in the thread titles. Is it possible to modify the code today to make this happen, so I don't have to wait til 3.4? If 3.4 is around the corner, and this is going to be a feature we can play with, then I'm fine waiting.

Thanks for reading...

Using the live tag editor from the IP.Seo addon, you can change any title you want ;) You don;t have to wait for 3.4

Is that a function that allows us to edit global tag formatting or does it need us to do a million pages one by one?

Is that a function that allows us to edit global tag formatting or does it need us to do a million pages one by one?

As far as I know, no.

I want every single thread to have a page meta title of the thread's name only. I do not want the category name or the sitename in the page title. Possible?

Archived